• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Debating on buying the PAY version from Redpinemaping

Has anyone bought the 40 buck map from redpinemaping for there Garmin or what ever tool ?
I downloaded the FREE version, and loaded it in my Garmin Nuvi. Well there is an option to turn on the free trail mapp,, which is the Michiigan snowmobile trail lines, w/ trail marker #'s,, and then i can toggle on my regualr roads/city map.. Well with both these turned on it looks no different than the pay 40 buck version. ? What am i misssing here,, does the pay version have more firtrails identified or somthing ?
Or did the old GPS's only let you have one map on at a time ? Example: Only the trail,, no city map,,,, and the pay version is everything in one map ?

Whats up,, what do i get w/ the 40buck downnload ?

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The pay version is routable, meaning you can set the cursor on a destination and hit "go to" and your gps will route and highlight a way to get there. The free version, which I don't see on either of his sites (the old gpslsedmaps.com) won't have a routable trails. With the amount of data out there, a guy can make maps pretty easily, it just takes time.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For those out west who are not familiar with Red Pine Mapping...

http://www.redpinemapping.com/

front_page_header.png

No more getting lost on the trail or on a big lake in a blizzard. With Red Pine Mapping GPS Snowmobile trail maps, you’ll always know where you are and where you need to go. Loaded with the most current, hand edited trails, the most detailed and complete road and water coverage available, extensive gas, food, lodging and parts waypoints, any many other features, you’ll wonder how you ever rode without it. See why thousands of snowmobilers across North America have chosen to ride with our maps.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="541"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="top" width="89">
Maine
GPS Sled Map

</td><td>
</td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="89">
Michigan
GPS Sled Map

</td><td>
New York
GPS Sled Map

</td><td>
Minnesota
GPS Sled Map

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="541"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="top" width="89">
Ontario
GPS Sled Map

</td><td>
Wisconsin
GPS Sled Map

</td> <td>
North Dakota
GPS Sled Map

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Red Pine Mapping snowmobile trail maps can be downloaded instantly and install easily on your Garmin, Magellan, or Lowrance GPS. We also offer plug-and-play SD cards that can simply be plugged into your GPS, and you’re ready for the trails.

We spend hundreds of hours each season improving our maps and updating the trails and other features. We match our trail data against paper maps and tracklogs submitted by customers to make sure our maps are as accurate as possible. Being avid snowmobilers ourselves, we know what snowmobilers want in a trail map, and strive to help riders get the most out of using their GPS for snowmobiling. Available now for Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York, Maine, Ontario, or North Dakota, with other states coming soon.

Premium Features