• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A thought on vertical steering - This might help getting it done!

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
I am also miffed that the the XF "High Country" package with the mountain track, the mountain seat, the mountain steering post doesn't come with mountain front suspension. Does complaining really help? I'll have Hundreds and hundreds of dollars in a-arms and shocks since there will not be take offs available for sale for awhile.
If anyone is planning on putting aftermarket arms on right away, please let me know, I may be interested in your old ones.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Also, I just checked it out this past week, there are no welds on this new vertical column base that I could see. There should be no reason that these new posts will fail at the weld like the ones in the current M chassis were failing. I snapped one last year and replaced it, these look well supported.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Also, I just checked it out this past week, there are no welds on this new vertical column base that I could see. There should be no reason that these new posts will fail at the weld like the ones in the current M chassis were failing. I snapped one last year and replaced it, these look well supported.

Well, that is really good to hear! (not sure that I trust the observations of some random cheesehead though... kinda dodgy:D)

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
I am also miffed that the the XF "High Country" package with the mountain track, the mountain seat, the mountain steering post doesn't come with mountain front suspension. Does complaining really help? I'll have Hundreds and hundreds of dollars in a-arms and shocks since there will not be take offs available for sale for awhile.
If anyone is planning on putting aftermarket arms on right away, please let me know, I may be interested in your old ones.

Yup that is what I cannot figure out either! Really looking forward to going back to a shorter track. I think it will be a blast and I can't wait for the other guys in my group to be amazed at what you can do with it. (I hope)

KJP

Premium Features