• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Front End

G
Dec 7, 2007
Boise ID
acutah,

I was thinking the same thing with my 2011. I lowered the front shocks to 65 psi at elevation and set them to the narrow position then I also moved the limiter straps to the middle hole and now I really like the ease of side hilling. I do not have the 16 wide track though.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I think I have decided to make a change one thing at a time and see what happens.

Change the front end to timbersled or go to a 15 wide Camo Extreme. Which one first? Somethings got to change. The way this feels right now is just not gonna cut it for me. I always thought a Nytro with more power would be the ticket. I flat out do not like the way this thing handles. I am more inclined to start with the track since there are so many that don't seem to have a problem with the 2010 front end.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Track it is. Now if I can just find one. I really don't want the new style CE or the PC, and I can't seem to find an old style CE. Anybody know where to find one?

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
Is there a chance it has more to do with the different rear skid than the front suspension?

I don't see this being the issue.

I have an 09 but i put a 2010 SE 162" skid in. Still rolls over easily for me.

I have the stock coil overs with the sway bar disconnected. Running 65 on the front and 150 on the rear.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Where did you find the 10 162 suspension? I would like to get my hands on one for my 09. The difference is acutah has the 16" wide track.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I demoed a 2010 nytro last weekend and had trouble getting it to roll over 70 lbs in frt shocks 190 in rear.The dealer told me he buts 125 lbs in frt and it works great.Sidehills better and better ride all around.It does not seem right to me to stiff no body roll harder to tip up.Maybe yamahas are different.
How much noise differents is there in under tunnel exhaust compared to aftermarket muffler.It sounded like a monster truck.
What other seat option are there, this one had a skins seat. Too tall, hard to get leg over and uncomfortable. I know stand up but after 6 to 7 hrs of riding I want to sit down to ride out.
I am not the only one to ride it that day and everyone had the same issues.
I may be going to work there and will be setting up my own sled next yr for demos and want people to enjoy there ride but also that with a few mods they can enhance there sleds.
They way it handled I would not take it in the trees. Not here to bash just looking for some imput.

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
Where did you find the 10 162 suspension? I would like to get my hands on one for my 09. The difference is acutah has the 16" wide track.

Found it posted here and over at TY from another member.

Felt I got a fair deal and far better than the stock setup with just the extensions that I was running before.

Was debating between going to the 2010 skid or TS and ended up with the 2010 skid due to the deal I got.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
How come you don't want the new style CE?

I think the old CE is stiffer and hooks up better on the hard pack. The new one probably trenches far less, but with boost you you have sooooo much track speed that you get up on the snow in a heartbeat.

Having said all that I went with the new CE since the old one is out of production and I couldn't find a used one. The new one is holding up EXCEPTIONALLY well on my 09.

On another note :focus:I will be buying new A-arms since I trached my stock ones the other day. Looks like new arms and a track for me.

Last edited:
W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Are you staying stock or trying zbroz? That's no fun. Hope you didn't damage your subframe. My second time out this year i hit a boulder broke my spindle bent my a-arm and my subframe...

Premium Features