• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's ready for winter?

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
The forum seems really dead considering snow show season is in full swing, people are getting out on the snow, and the greatest lineup of new sleds ever are already in many people's possession. Are there simply less people visiting and posting on here? Places like Facebook and Instagram are flooded with sled related enthusiasm. That's awesome, but the actual information is non-existent. How about some pictures of your new sled(s)? What kind of mods are you planning? Any trips lined up for the winter? Doin any avalanche education/training? New AVY safety gear you're excited about? Any new gear you are excited about? Have any video clips from last season you wanna share? Any new clubs or orginazations you've found that are battling to keep riding areas open? Already been out riding, SHARE your pics and videos!

If you're excited about anything snowmobiling related, PLEASE share it!

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I got the oil changed in my sled and got it all ready yesterday, I cannot wait for the snow.

usually I can get a first ride in on the weekend after Thanksgiving around here, so I have about a month to wait.

Give me time to wait for my sleds ECU to come back with the new software flashes.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Calling Captain Obvious!! Did you really have to ask who is ready for winter.........on this site........really??????? :face-icon-small-ton

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
The forum seems really dead considering snow show season is in full swing, people are getting out on the snow, and the greatest lineup of new sleds ever are already in many people's possession. Are there simply less people visiting and posting on here? Places like Facebook and Instagram are flooded with sled related enthusiasm. That's awesome, but the actual information is non-existent. How about some pictures of your new sled(s)? What kind of mods are you planning? Any trips lined up for the winter? Doin any avalanche education/training? New AVY safety gear you're excited about? Any new gear you are excited about? Have any video clips from last season you wanna share? Any new clubs or orginazations you've found that are battling to keep riding areas open? Already been out riding, SHARE your pics and videos!

If you're excited about anything snowmobiling related, PLEASE share it!

20 mile road ride completed!!

aru4ysyp.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've been prepping like crazy, trying to get one sled ready to sell, one ready for my cousin. Pulling my turbo kits to get ready to put one on another sled and then picking up a new sled and then getting it set up.

I still need a RK TEK head for one. ZBroz A arms and a WRP bumper for another. Another tunnel bag, a new Go Pro. I will have a 509 INK wrap coming as well as my HMK gear with some serious color this year. On top of that I will still have some trailer mods to do when those parts show up, getting busy for sure.

That doesn't even count the time to help Tudizzle get his new ride set up. Gonna be crazy busy as the season gets closer.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Got my engine rebuilt, turbo is half installed just need to do all the hard stuff now, getting my BM Fab boards soon in the mail, and waiting to be able to afford low compression domes for my RKT head and a track rack for my tunnel to carry around some extra gas for that turbo. Also just wired in my tether and drilled a bunch of holes for venting in my new lightweight hood to keep the turbo cool.

This should be a fun season!

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
Clean the clutches, put on the belts, fill with gas and oil and I am ready. Everything else is done, trucks and trailer waxed (trying to help cut back the salt corrosion) and all maintenance on sleds done. Come on Winter!!!!!

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Im almost ready, just have to change my ski skeg's and a couple other small things.

na6utu2u.jpg

u6eqysy5.jpg

Looks like a few late nights in the shop and you'll be ready to go! Keep the pics coming.

How about trailer builds? Anyone customizing their trailer inside and/or out? Or do you all buy your trailers equipped?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I'm deciding on my trailer. I know I have to pressure wash the floor and repaint with that epoxy stuff. Also going to straighten out the ski guides.

I ripped out a "workbench" and properly installed a furnace. Working on rewiring the entire system. Wire nuts everywhere. I'm also going to replace the rear door paneling and have to remove some very large decals.

I bought it from a guy in town who got it from a certain high profile rider. That guy should just stick to riding, because Bob Vila he is not.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
My list is growing but not being worked on yet LOL....I'm really pumped for snow this year tho, can't wait at this point. I'm a summer and winter guy....fall and spring can go F themselves far as I'm concerned :D

Stuff I want to get done would be:

- Re-polish my sled deck, flip the plywood over and clean it up nice. Many years with no attention.
- Install tether
- Clean up clutches
- Change chain oil
- Install new running boards

New pistons should really be on the menu too....but still on warranty so don't really want to pay for it because I'm cheap. Too much crap....not enough time!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
PJ, care to share some pictures of your trailer project as it progresses?

I can. It's getting pressure washed today

other things:
rubber coat propane tank area
rubber coat wheel wells
wire in sound and maybe a TV for camping
wire brush and re-weld joints if needed
run 220v cable out and along frame for easier connection to genset
remove decals
Tint windows and install blinds
install air compressor

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
How about trailer builds? Anyone customizing their trailer inside and/or out? Or do you all buy your trailers equipped?

Well since this year will be my first time with a snowmobile, and I already had a 6x12 for my motorcycles I decided to stick with that.

I did sand the floor down, then painted two coats of hurculiner and then bolted Superglide II's down.

The front has a Rubbermaid cabinet and a TV mount..I would sometimes throw a cot down when camping at moto races...play some xbox or watch a movie.. dont really use that anymore.

I also put new G-Floor's down and cleaned my garage to make room for a snowmobile.

I just need my sled to come in! and for it to snow again so I can go get stuck.

Premium Features