• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Ski-Doo scratchers, anyone seen them up close? Retro fit-able?

J
Feb 15, 2003
Greenfield, MN(55357)
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has seen the new scratcher set-up from SD for 2014 in person? If so, does it look like they may work on past model SD sleds or possibly even other brands of sleds?

Thanks,
-John

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I haven't seen them up close but they sure look like they are universal.

They also look dangerous as hell - an 18" dagger if you land wrong. I can see that thing sticking you in the leg if you come off the running boards anywhere near it.

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
put the new scrathers on your sled if you want everyone to LAUGH at u all the time. I think they are a stupid idea and location. whats wrong with the current scratcher design. pay attention when u have them down and put them up B4 Backing. the new skidoo scratcher is a waste of an engineers time.

Just my opinion of course.

Rod

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
to me from the videos on it it will work as well as the cable ones, as in not very good, There does not seem to be alot of down pressure like the original style. I dont back up very much.....i dont see the problem. do you remember to look in your mirrors when you back up your truck??? or lock your door when you leave your house or vehicle??? like come onnnnn.

A tip is to put the part that goes into a hole in your rail on the top of your rail. That way there is more down pressure and they will rotate a bit if you forget they are down in reverse.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has seen the new scratcher set-up from SD for 2014 in person? If so, does it look like they may work on past model SD sleds or possibly even other brands of sleds?

Thanks,
-John

they are mounted too far aft to focus the sno into the skid, A small percent will make it in.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Or you could go with my reversible design! Twice the spray!

View attachment 202270
View attachment 202271
View attachment 202272

My next batch will come with a formed metal bracket for mounting in the stowed position.
Your scratchers worked great. But would love to see some pics mounted on a 146 so they dont get in the way of torsion springs it seems awfully tight in there. Have some new ice age rails they are goin on after i bent the piss out of the tmotion rails.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The new ski-doo scratchers actually mount off the drop bracket bolt, that bolt comes out and a new one goes in that accommodates the scratcher, I was not impressed by them either...not because they will hurt you, they will not, they actually fold back and clip under the rear bumper with a clip that holds them so well they will not come out unless taken out, so they won't be a dagger...they are also not too far back as they scoop a ton of snow into the back of the tunnel and more so into the snowflap which pulls it into the tunnel, having said that I have used summit seekers scratchers since the beginning which are awesome, the new design is wicked and the hooks that hold the scratchers up are better than hanging them on the rails. I will continue to use his....

Premium Features