• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight loss

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So I was just thinking here I should go through every part of my sled and see if I can cut weight from each component. Then it dawned on me.

Please list how you lost weight on your m1100t. There is a post over on the 800 forum like this. Mostly looking for the best bang for the buck weight loss items. We all can help each other out on this. Obviously carbon fiber everything is the best way to drop weight But looking for a little more back yard bare bones weight loss items. Doesn't have to be something you have done yet. Lets brain sprinkle!

I will start.

Battery -12lbs
Exhaust -17lbs with my aluminum down pipe -12 with light muffler
Taillight removed -1lb
Suspension wheels removed -3lbs
headlight delete -2lbs
lightweight hood and intake -8lbs
diamond s mesh hood -13lbs

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
dieting in the summer....

Moving the battery to beside the pipe will get you around a pound in wire loss. Most do skis anyway so that's usually good for a few. Foam under hood and the Cat vented side panels and sides of hood will take a few more out. Running boards are not that great so a set of Zero Snow from Scott is another couple. Had mine in January as one of his first sets and didn't have time to even put them on. Good news is now I can put them on my new build.:rockon: So maybe another 5-7 lbs there.

F
From what ive seen, when I was building my custom cold air intake the headlight assembly is a lot of access weight. Deleting that would save lots of weight.

Building the Custom Cold air intake i think I saved about 3-4 lbs not much but every bit helps.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Can anyone give me info on the Battery so I can loose 12 lbs.
Have a 2013 coming- and sounds great.
Like to know the cost thought.. IE: cot per pound.
EVO is supposed to be making a silencer for this unit also:hail:

S/C

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
What do you guys think of pulling the monster rear heat exchanger replaced with the hcr one? My sled is in storage right now so not sure this is too much surgery, what ya think?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Can anyone give me info on the Battery so I can loose 12 lbs.
Have a 2013 coming- and sounds great.
Like to know the cost thought.. IE: cot per pound.
EVO is supposed to be making a silencer for this unit also:hail:

S/C

Look on ebay. It is a ballistic I think 8 or 12 cell. I paid $159 for mine last year.

What do you guys think of pulling the monster rear heat exchanger replaced with the hcr one? My sled is in storage right now so not sure this is too much surgery, what ya think?

I think it is a bad idea on the 4 stroke. I am going to try some adhesive UHMW on the sides of the tunnel underneath to see if I can reduce snow stick under there. Or there is some teflon tape as well though it is a bit pricey.

J
Nov 27, 2007
Look on ebay. It is a ballistic I think 8 or 12 cell. I paid $159 for mine last year.

I think it is a bad idea on the 4 stroke. I am going to try some adhesive UHMW on the sides of the tunnel underneath to see if I can reduce snow stick under there. Or there is some teflon tape as well though it is a bit pricey.

if you are thinking of keeping the snow off the inside of the tunnel the guys who make the cable ice scratchers were testing an iceofobic (ice and snow no stick) coating on running boards and tunnels a arms, you get the picture, they were saying it would be available this year. Its a spray on coating that was grey in color but they said they would have limited colors. julio

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Larger CA the more cells it has, 12 is as small as you want to go reliably.

Yep your right I went back and looked and the 12 cell is what I have. There is a trick to start it when it is brutally cold but had no issues first try down to 0F degrees. Below that I needed to cycle it a few times and then come back in about 3 minutes and it started no problem. These batterys actually gain power with some draw on them unlike a lead battery.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
if you are thinking of keeping the snow off the inside of the tunnel the guys who make the cable ice scratchers were testing an iceofobic (ice and snow no stick) coating on running boards and tunnels a arms, you get the picture, they were saying it would be available this year. Its a spray on coating that was grey in color but they said they would have limited colors. julio

That would be this

http://betweenthelinesdesigns.com/?page_id=345

I would not spray this stuff on the heat exchangers under the tunnel. The coating will greatly diminish the cooling efficiency of the exchanger. Some guys tried doing this on a heat exchanger on a 4-tech Seadoo (The ride plate is the heat exchanger) and burned down the engine.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
That would be this

http://betweenthelinesdesigns.com/?page_id=345

I would not spray this stuff on the heat exchangers under the tunnel. The coating will greatly diminish the cooling efficiency of the exchanger. Some guys tried doing this on a heat exchanger on a 4-tech Seadoo (The ride plate is the heat exchanger) and burned down the engine.

No don't spray the heat exhanger. Just the tunnel next to it.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yep your right I went back and looked and the 12 cell is what I have. There is a trick to start it when it is brutally cold but had no issues first try down to 0F degrees. Below that I needed to cycle it a few times and then come back in about 3 minutes and it started no problem. These batterys actually gain power with some draw on them unlike a lead battery.

The 12 cell I attached above in the link will fit in the stock location?:face-icon-small-con

S/C

Premium Features