• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much to install LP furnace?

M
Sep 4, 2007
Minnesota
I have a fuel oil furnace in my rental house and it's been big time trouble over the past couple years. The house is a rambler style with 760 square ft on the main level and 760 sq ft in the basement. Wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how much it should cost to have an LP furnace installed in it's place. I could take apart the old one and remove it so it would just be to install. Hopefully could just connect right into the old ductwork, run the line, and put a tank outside. Thanks

S
Dec 3, 2007
Get a quote for LP and Electric. Have some friends in the HVAC business and they tell me electric is nearly 100% efficient for dollar spent per BTU output where as gas is not. I have had both in a house and I know electric is much cleaner.

R
Nov 26, 2007
I sell lennox and trane and would be sure to compare apples to apples not all makes of equipment compare in quality. As far as electric to gas depends on the demand for heat in power outages if you have many. The electric will require a very good sized generator to run versus about any size that will run gas furnace. good luck

Premium Features