• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BYPASS THERMOSTAT UPGRADE (PREVIOUSLY $28 upgrade)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You can plumb the front bulkhead cooler and utilize its capacity mainly for warm up. When the thermo is closed it will pass all coolant to the bulkhead cooler. The end of the BRP thermo would go directly to the bulkhead cooler, hose #17 on the schematic, instead of the T as on the PRO. You will still need to plug the port in the head designated for the bypass.

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
To Keep it simple- for us Pro 800 owners-what seems like to be the most simple?
Looks like the doo hookup in the first post.or the one from Most wanted- but i donm't like the plastic housing either.:noidea:

S/C

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
Well, I have been thinking and I thought of the Honda ATC 200s Camshaft Washer and I thought it was 34MM OD. I don't have one but, I think it was around 1MM but wasn't sure on the ID. What if the washer was say 25mm or so ID......... would that make much of a difference??????

I highly doubt anyone has one to measure, but thought I would throw that out there.

WASHER, THRUST (34MM)
90451-383-000
Around $5.50 ea.

P.S. I am going to try and get one to measure and possible source for all the folks that want to build their own kit.

Last edited:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Has anyone done this to a Silber turbo setup with the coolant hose on the opposite side? I know plumbing would be the same just curious how it all fits?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Bumping this back up, curious about anyone running this with a turbo... And plumbing pics please!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Curious about the Most Wanted kit as well. A few of the things on their site don't add up...

http://www.mostwantedperformance.com/mwp-research/research.html

"Field tests revealed we were able to maintain a constant engine temperature of between 140 and 150 degrees. Allowing the motor to perform at its true horsepower all day long, regardless of the conditions."

140-150?!?!?! Wow. That's far higher than I've ever experienced.

I'm into doing this but am a bit tentative about piecing together my own kit and plumbing it in. Hence why I just wanted to buy their kit and drop it in but I'm not so sure it's going to fix much of anything...

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Anyone done this on a Silber turbo application?

Silber turns the oem thermostat 180 degrees facing the clutches. And routes the hoose next to the oil tank and down to the cooler.

Feels like its good space near the head/by the primary clutch to place the bypass thermostat, then run a longer hoose that goes to the intake T coupling.

Found an awesome paint picture describing it. :face-icon-small-ton

HzLrWB.jpg

What you experts think about this. Plausible?

LoudHandle you want to setup a kit for me? :becky:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Interested in how this would be plumbed as mtntk turbo kit does almost the exact same thing. Feels like we're missing a hose in your drawing though from the bypass tstat to the coolant return line off the bottle. Or wherever it goes... ;-)

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC

Nice find Biltit. Going to call on this tomorrow. Tried about a dozen or more phone calls, several emails, before I finally got a call back from Terra Alps. Asked for an address, as I was to be in his city this past weekend. Needed his addy as he no longer has a shop and is manufacturing/selling from his home.
No biggie, I do that myself. But if you can't be bothered to put the TINIEST bit of effort into it, well, I'm not going to beg someone to let me spend money with you..

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
just a heads up for the silber turbo people there's a thread in the turbo section and i think there will be pics of an install soon :face-icon-small-hap

:focus: :peace:

CatAttack

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Taber, AB
Just got my thermo stat from powder freaks as well. Can't wait to try it.
Biltit are you putting thermo stat on a turbo pro?

Premium Features