• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 STYLE BILLET HEAD UPDATE WITH NEW THERMOSTAT FOR 16-17 MODELS

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WE DO HAVE OUR BILLET HEADS AVAILABLE WITH THE 2018 STYLE THERMOSTAT HOUSING THAT RUNS MUCH COOLER.

UPDATE YOUR 2016-2017 TO THE COOLER RUNNING VERSION.

$379 FOR THE REGULAR BILLET HEAD AND DOMES, OR $469 FOR THE BILLET HEAD WITH ALL NEW OEM THERMOSTAT, COVER, SEAL, 4 BOLTS AND WASHER.

HEADS ARE AVAILABLE IN THREE COMPRESSION RATIOS. MOUNTAIN SERIES FOR HIGH ELEVATIONS AND MUCH ADDED POWER, WHICH IS THE MOST POPULAR FOR AWESOME BOLT ON POWER!
BUT ALSO A LOW ELEVATION VERSION, WHICH STILL NETS 4-5 HP. WE EVEN HAVE A NEW TURBO VERSION WITH LESS COMPRESSION AND DEEPER SQUISHBAND.

CUSTOM DOMES ARE AVAILABLE, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS ON THOSE.

"Our mountain series billet heads bolt on some serious power for your Polaris 800 AXYS motor. It is designed to run on premium pump gas when ran above 4000 ft altitude. Huge torque gains to provide the grunt you need and want for boondocking and climbing. Much quicker throttle response! 6-8 horsepower peak and 8-10 horsepower in the mid range! These heads work extremely well on this motor! "

CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=880&controller=product

axys billet head kit with thermostat.jpg billet head polaris axys.jpg

Last edited:
S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
With the "mountain" head can a guy still drive/cruise around home 1500 feet with the proper weights to keep rpms down, just not hold it pinned for long times? Or too much compression and will have DET issues?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
With the "mountain" head can a guy still drive/cruise around home 1500 feet with the proper weights to keep rpms down, just not hold it pinned for long times? Or too much compression and will have DET issues?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

the mtn head can be used at lower elevations and make killer power, but you would need more octane. About 100 octane. A lot of guys do that and do a race gas mix for example.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Stock pipe, your titanium can, never under 6000 ft. Can I run 91 without a controller? How about horsepower increases if I add your pipe and controller? Need to keep up with these hot rod 850's.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stock pipe, your titanium can, never under 6000 ft. Can I run 91 without a controller? How about horsepower increases if I add your pipe and controller? Need to keep up with these hot rod 850's.

No fuel controller for just the head and muffler. But when you add the pipe you need a power commander. Our stainless pipe adds 10 hp for $399, and the PCFC fuel controllers are only $249

We don't know exact power of the new 850 (840), but there is not doubt the pipe and head combo makes a dramatic improvement in power!! You can bolt on a lot of power!!

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What about with a pipe, like slp?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have had customers run the slp pipe with the head, and then just run in the Ethanol mode with premium gas.
This is above 6000 ft elevation with our higher compression mtn series domes.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I have had customers run the slp pipe with the head, and then just run in the Ethanol mode with premium gas.
This is above 6000 ft elevation with our higher compression mtn series domes.
If i did the lower compression head, with my slp pipe i could be good. My trailhead is 5500 but riding 6-8500.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If i did the lower compression head, with my slp pipe i could be good. My trailhead is 5500 but riding 6-8500.

Yes for sure. You might just have to run in the E10 mode for fuel settings is all. Even the low elevation head makes 4-5 more hp because of the squishband depth and width changes, and hemi style pocket design.

L. Perry

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2015
So what would you gain with a sidekick turbo with the turbo head?

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So what would you gain with a sidekick turbo with the turbo head?

We usually do the turbo head for people running a lot of boost or lower elevations with a turbo so they can run more boost. Preventing detonation and cooling better. The cooler head is much better at preventing detonation.

We have had people in other countries that their fuel must not be as good, so they always trip the DET. The Turbo head prevents tripping the DET sensor in that case.

Premium Features