• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163" x 2.4" Longtrack + 16" x 5'7" Ski = Float

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Here ya go!

I continue to tweak "The Unicorn". I've learned a lot this year after doing some more modifications. Three things have really made this bike awesome for me:

1) I ditched the stock subframe and built a seat that bolts directly to the tunnel frame. This lowered the seat a bunch and put it at a better angle.

2) Added a set of pegs behind the chain case. This puts me more in the center of the bike which I think is crucial for the long track. They are an inch or so lower than the stock pegs.

3) Built a custom bar riser that brought the bars up a bit and back about 8 to 10". This accommodates the rearward riding position.

For me, this was a total game changer. I now stand up almost all of the time in a very comfortable stance. This really distributed the weight much more evenly. So much so that I had to ditch the fat ski because I was getting too much float!

This has worked out so well that I am going to build up my 950 Super Enduro with the same type of set up.

I now know what direction to go with building my M1000.. I said a while back, what would a longer track and a larger sport/ adventure bike do with a long track and had some negative comment. GOOD FOR YOU!!! Keep us informed on the 950 build if you do it, I was looking at the Yamaha FZ09 I think it's called not super heavy and being
a triple, it probably would be easy to turbo...

Premium Features