• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 KTM 690SMC for snowbike

S
Feb 18, 2013
Chilliwack
Does anyone have any idea of whether the Mountain Hose kit for the 690 Enduro R can be made to fit the SMC supermoto model? Other then front suspension height, travel, trail and stiffness is there anything else left on the bike during conversion that could make this not work?

S
Feb 18, 2013
Chilliwack
Would someone please post a pic of the front ski spindle mounting from the front? Instructions seem to indicate it is an universal part drilled to fit but the fork spacing of the smc triples is approx 20mm wider than the enduro. I think I could overcome most issues but research is key.
Triple offset on the enduro is 22mm to 24mm and the SMC is 32mm to 35mm. This is somewhat off-set by the enduro using a leading-axle design while the SMC uses straight axle forks. I don't know how snowbikes handle and have no clue if the difference would even be noticeable.

Here is an SMC and Enduro fork both mounted in the same triple to show the differences.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cimg5318u.jpg
    cimg5318u.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 75
  • cimg5317b.jpg
    cimg5317b.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 72
R
Feb 5, 2011
Priest Lake
1" of trail

I heard Allen say that 1" of trail is the correct distance.
So the ski bolt 1" behind the bike axle.

Sorry about that. I forgot about the forks not being leading axle and having a wider stance. Should not be much of a problem to build wider fork spacers.

H
Nov 4, 2011
Go the 690s !!

Not only do they have lots grunt but they are a great weights session if you crash a lot.

Sorry that I can't send any photos, my bike is at a buddies out of town.

Premium Features