• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 CRF450R how well do they work in snow ?

O
I was wondering how many of you out there have a fuel injected crf450 out ther with a snow bike kit and how well they work ? I purchased a used 09 crf450r to install a Timbersled MH kit that I have ordered and at home the bike is a little hard to start ( that is normal for that bike ) and hope I made a good choice in bike for snow biking. I hope the engine holds up to the higher reving. Also what mods are good for that bike to convert it to snow ?

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
my brother has 10 crf450 and it never missed a beat all season, frequent oil changes and 1 new fuel filter, keep the airbox clean. i rode my pro about 1300 miles and he was with me 90% of the time, so take it for what its worth. I wouldnt hesitate on a Crf450, but i bought a an 11 Yz450 that i am considering a kit on.

O
my brother has 10 crf450 and it never missed a beat all season, frequent oil changes and 1 new fuel filter, keep the airbox clean. i rode my pro about 1300 miles and he was with me 90% of the time, so take it for what its worth. I wouldnt hesitate on a Crf450, but i bought a an 11 Yz450 that i am considering a kit on.
Is your brothers bike have black plastic and ride the Flathead valley area ? I have seen it around if thats his and its good to know its doing good. Does his start good in the cold ? How was it riding with a snowbike in the deep powder ? Im allready commited to buying one but just seeing your thoughts. Good luck with the YZ450, I just rode one two weeks ago and it had LOADS of POWER and should make for a great snowbike !

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Is your brothers bike have black plastic and ride the Flathead valley area ? I have seen it around if thats his and its good to know its doing good. Does his start good in the cold ? How was it riding with a snowbike in the deep powder ? Im allready commited to buying one but just seeing your thoughts. Good luck with the YZ450, I just rode one two weeks ago and it had LOADS of POWER and should make for a great snowbike !

Yep thats him. Starts just fine in the cold, i think he did a little bit lighter oil for winter but im not sure. Its a lot of fun riding it in most any condition. For me, I dont think it will replace my sled, sled=tearin it up/deep pow, snowbike=exploring new spots/spring. Yep the YZ will rip on snow, on dirt you can get into trouble pretty quick if your not careful. Im excited for the snow to fly.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Hah! You won't be considering for long with that bike. You might as well put that $$$ aside in a special Mountain Horse account. :biggrin1:

Visa? Mastercard? or good old fashioned slave labor and pay with money i actually have right now haha

Premium Features