• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fuel range

L
Jun 26, 2008
i just sold my M8 and ive got a 650berg and 2moto lit on the way, im wondering what kind of fuel range to expect, i know this is hugely variable on terrain, snow conditions, and riding style, but on a sled its easy to burn 10 gallons in a good long day. is the clark 4gal tank gonna be enough for an all day sufferfest or am i gonna need to carry some x-tra, lets see you guys clever fuel carrying set ups. thanks -Levi

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
need more gas

I thought the 2moto had a extra gas can made onto it. You will need more gas for sure. The exporer has a 5 gal gas rack on it and sure the 2 moto has something too.

L
Jun 26, 2008
yup

2 moto does have an aux can system, i think you can carry 2 2.5 gal cans, im just wondering what to expect and if i need the 4gal oversized gas tank plus 5 on the swingarm or not. thanks -lee

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
How well do you know your cycle?

The best guage is for more and more snow bikes to stick together.

Twoskis traditionally start their day with a full ten to twelve gallons of gas, two stroke models enough oil for another tank and a half. In tourist riding locations such as Yellowstone, Cooke a rider can rack up well over a hundred miles in a day.

A group of mountain sled riders will boondock off the trail till they get to their first untouched hill and meadow, depending on how many other riders at the snow park parking lot they move on like Nomads to find greener less used pastures. The more users the further they roam, and sometimes use all that fuel. Even us hawk riders when lone tagging along in the early days 9gals would not cut it.

We found as the group grew eventually we rarely had a Twoski at the party and were making use of every square inch of terrain from the trucks to the turn around point. That point was allways based on how much we had left in the tank not where we wanted to go.

You allways have the easy gas sipping option to ride the road back on the last drops in the tank. You then realize why all the Twoskis look like Arco trucks, their carrying all that fuel to their riding areas!:face-icon-small-hap

A
Mar 4, 2008
I have a large tank on my KTM 530 and have never even come close to running out. Granted its a 9 gal tank. LOL Hey, you didn't by chance buy the turbo berg did you?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Here's the bike!

One on the bottom, yeah!
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1899228#post1899228
icon1.gif
Sale on leftover Husaberg's
We have 3 Husabergs that need to go, they are:

2008 FE 550 $7000
2009 FE 450 $8100
2009 FE 570 $8450

These are all brand new machines. Any questions please call 406-252-2888 ask for Dave or Allen.

Imagine the big bore kit Berg's gonna be offering for it soon. Just mount a Ski-Doo Rev 3gal fuel can on the kit and refuel the bike as soon as it can take it, maybe leave the weight as long as you can. What do you do ADJ?

I see KTM offers a complete RFS620cc engine in their Hardparts catolog.
Perfect powerplant for the guy with a used 250/400RFS that's tired, and not worth squat.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Premium Features