• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Venom Products (Team) Adjustable Rooster weights.... any feedback/input

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anyone using them?

I am in the market for some adj weights any suggestions .

Did a search did not find many .

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Anyone using them? I am in the market for some adj weights any suggestions . Did a search did not find many .

I had a set of 65g base weights that I had from my turbo. I ran the bare weights at 6000ft elevation this last week. Worked amazing!

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The Dalton weights looks even more enticing kind of like not having too remove weight to adjust . I tried MTX weights once that was enough they worked fine just did not like the rivets . Has anyone tried the new ones from SLP ?

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Heavy Hitters here. Lots of adjustability which is great if you take time to tune them.

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
Rooster

I have the BMP stg#2 kit, came with gold stars, i tried the roosters out of my pro in it because if pulled harder when u snapped the throttle, way better shift force and acceleration. added some weight and put in my axys, night and day difference. I think they work so well because they use the factory 10 series profile with the added weight where its needed,

I loaded mine heel heavy. Clutches stay cool and sled pulls hard. Im running on a 163 pro 3" with the 2.8 camso track. so its geared super low 2.3:1 with factory 7 tooth drivers. I get less over rev related DET codes because it loads the engine so much better when I'm driving up into the alpine from low elevation too.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I wouldn't hesitate to check out the Indy Specialties Adjustable weights. They have a whole host of weights to fit various applications. I am running V3 NA weights, V1 Turbo weights with very good results.

If you call and speak with Jon/Dan and let them know what you are doing, they will give you a solid recommendation on which weight profile will best fit your application.

https://www.indyspecialty.com/clutching-upgrades

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
The Dalton weights looks even more enticing kind of like not having too remove weight to adjust . I tried MTX weights once that was enough they worked fine just did not like the rivets . Has anyone tried the new ones from SLP ?
I have them and they are very easy to adjust. You just screw in weights from the heel then lock in with a set screw. As far as performance they seem very similar to their MTX weights. You don't have to go 4 grams heavier though, the weight you run is the same as stock.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I wouldn't hesitate to check out the Indy Specialties Adjustable weights. They have a whole host of weights to fit various applications. I am running V3 NA weights, V1 Turbo weights with very good results.

If you call and speak with Jon/Dan and let them know what you are doing, they will give you a solid recommendation on which weight profile will best fit your application.

https://www.indyspecialty.com/clutching-upgrades

What kind of riding do you do with the V3 NA weights?

Thanks

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
They are on there way along with a new Black Purple spring . Using a SLP pipe with a HPS can plus I picked up a TKI belt drive . So much for leaving it stock . Hope to get a little seat time next weekend .

Premium Features