• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2.6 track VS CE 2.5

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Alright so last year I ended up with quite a bit of damage to my stock 2.6 track. Looking to get a new track this year. I love the performance of the 2.6 track but am a little worried about the durability of it. Don't really just want to destroy another one. How do you guys think it compares to the CE 2.5 track? I've run this track on my 163 pro and loved it and had zero durability issues. The track still looked new after 1500 miles. But I'm not sure if there is anyone that has put this track on the Axys. I imagine it may perform different with the different chassis. Or is there any other tracks out there that your guys would recommend? I don't want to go 3" or anything like that. Just want to stick with the stock 2.86 drivers and driveshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Also curious, heard great things about that track on the pro, and have not heard of anyone running it on the axys.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
As I'm guessing you know, there are two CE 2.5s; the 2.86 pitch with the serrated paddles, and the 3.0 pitch with the non-serrated lugs (supposedly the track they based the 2.6 off of, kinda). Some peeps liked the 3.0 pitch abit more on the pro in the pow, although it required the driver change. Might help others if you confirm which one you had before (other than assuming you had the 2.86 from your driver comments), and for them to qualify what they have experience with. Good luck!

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Camo Extreme 2.5 with 2.86 pitch is a very durable track, have one on my 860 Dragon and no missing lugs or anything in a lot of miles... it is stiffer than a stock 2.4 Poo track, to me that is a plus, I would not trade the increased downhill braking of the Camo Extreme for any benefits of the softer track in softer snow... that being said, the stock Polaris track on the 2015 I picked up seems to be stiffer than the stock track that was on my wife's 2008 Dragon 700 back in 2009 (SCARY downhill in spring conditions). I am still going to switch the 2015 Pro to the Camo Extreme 2.5 / 2.86 pitch track as soon as I get a chance. The stocker already has a few chunks out of a few paddles from the previous owner...

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Camp Extreme 2.5 with 2.86 pitch is a very durable track, have one on my 860 Dragon and no missing lugs or anything in a lot of miles... it is stiffer than a stock 2.4 Poo track, to me that is a plus, I would not trade the increased downhill braking of the Camo Extreme for any benefits of the softer track in softer snow... that being said, the stock Polaris track on the 2015 I picked up seems to be stiffer than the stock track that was on my wife's 2008 Dragon 700 back in 2009 (SCARY downhill in spring conditions). I am still going to switch the 2015 Pro to the Camo Extreme 2.5 / 2.86 pitch track as soon as I get a chance. The stocker already has a few chunks out of a few paddles from the previous owner...

I would echo what sledhead said. I too had a CE on my Dragon. The IQ's trenched compared to the Pro chassis. The CE made it trench more and I had to do some limiter and suspension changes. It's a tough track, brakes really well, hooks up mad on heavy snow and is heavier than the 5.1 and Series 6 tracks. It doesn't perform as well as the 5.1 in really light powder snow, but that's what the 5.1 was for (and to be light). The Series 6 track seems to be a combo of the two, it just isn't holding up as well.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
As I'm guessing you know, there are two CE 2.5s; the 2.86 pitch with the serrated paddles, and the 3.0 pitch with the non-serrated lugs (supposedly the track they based the 2.6 off of, kinda). Some peeps liked the 3.0 pitch abit more on the pro in the pow, although it required the driver change. Might help others if you confirm which one you had before (other than assuming you had the 2.86 from your driver comments), and for them to qualify what they have experience with. Good luck!

Sorry I had the 2.86 model on my 2013 pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I had the camo extreme 2.5 3" pitch flat top., on my pro. It is a very good track, 1600 miles no damage at all. It was very close traction compared to the axys 2.6 track. Only thing the axys track has over it is the light weight.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin

If I went with the 9174M 3" pitch I wouldn't have to run a anti-stab kit since I am going from 7 tooth to 7 tooth right? Is it still a good idea to run one anyway though. Still have to trim rails right?
Found a good deal on a mini (600) and might pull the trigger, but just want to get something better than the 5.1.
Also, TracksUSA still running a trade in program for unused take-off tracks?
It'd be nice to just throw a series 6 in and call it good but the durability and the price (300 more than the 9174) come into play.

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
If I went with the 9174M 3" pitch I wouldn't have to run a anti-stab kit since I am going from 7 tooth to 7 tooth right? Is it still a good idea to run one anyway though. Still have to trim rails right?
Found a good deal on a mini (600) and might pull the trigger, but just want to get something better than the 5.1.
Also, TracksUSA still running a trade in program for unused take-off tracks?
It'd be nice to just throw a series 6 in and call it good but the durability and the price (300 more than the 9174) come into play.

If you go with this driver set, then no, you will not have to trim the rails or install an anti-stab kit.
http://shop.avid-products.com/eshop...211_product_2100474.Center_drive_for_Axys.htm

If you go with this driver set up, then you will have to trim the rails and install an anti-stab kit.
http://shop.avid-products.com/eshop...e_f2-014211_product_2100473.Axys_drivers_.htm

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Track

I had the new style on my 13 pro with 3 pitch drivers and that track is a very good track side by side with my buddies 155 axys I could out climb that sled easily (at least that day I did) it works great in all conditions and has zero damage. It's coming off my sled if anyone is interested in it. I'll sell the track drivers and driveshaft as a package deal. The driveshaft is the steel shaft with avid center anti ratchet drivers so no need to cut the rails for the anti stab kit, the track is the 9174m center punched. I would be putting it on my new one but I'm getting a 163 this time.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I'm considering the 9104m rather than the stocker too. I'd rather have the extra weight than have to get a new track every year or two. Anyone run one on the Axys yet?

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Last season I damaged the stock track on my 11 PRO 163 with 4000+miles and could not find a 2.6 takeoff from an axys so I pulled the trigger on the CE 2.5 with full clip and 2.86 pitch so I did not have to change drivers and IMO from riding with 2 sons with 2.4 stock tracks on 12 and 15 PRO 163, I have the best traction and downhill braking and now have about 1100 miles. If I trade up this year, the track comes off the 11 PRO and goes on the new AXYS because from what I have heard on the mountain the 2.5 CE will out pull the 2.6 on the AXYS and is more durable.
gtwitch in wyoming

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Last season I damaged the stock track on my 11 PRO 163 with 4000+miles and could not find a 2.6 takeoff from an axys so I pulled the trigger on the CE 2.5 with full clip and 2.86 pitch so I did not have to change drivers and IMO from riding with 2 sons with 2.4 stock tracks on 12 and 15 PRO 163, I have the best traction and downhill braking and now have about 1100 miles. If I trade up this year, the track comes off the 11 PRO and goes on the new AXYS because from what I have heard on the mountain the 2.5 CE will out pull the 2.6 on the AXYS and is more durable.
gtwitch in wyoming

Yep^^^^^^^^^

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
anyone actually run the 9104 on an axys?

I still would like to know the same as well. Might just try one this year if my 2.6 gets any worse. I see you are in Cali, I would certainly think it would be better in your heavier and more setup snow. I am guessing it wont work as well as the 2.6 in powder.

Premium Features