• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question for M1100t owners...

Question for the M1100t owners...

• I bought the Turbo and I'm glad I did

Votes: 129 84.9%
  • I bought the Turbo and wished I bought an 800

Votes: 23 15.1%

• Total voters
J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I just thought I'd throw it out there. I know three guys personally that bought them and it sounds like 1/3 would have liked an 800. Just interested to see how everyone on here that bought them feels.

A side question once you answer might be whether ot not you put the 38" stance and vertical steering on, and what kind of riding you like to do (trees, open meadows, hill climber, etc.)

Thanks.

Joe

Last edited:

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
I have rode one once with out the vert steering, it was a beast. I have an 8, I love it, but I had to have the big beast. Bike man kit, 38" stance, vert steering, 2.5 camo extreme and gen 3 skis. Just waiting for my ECM to give it a try. I will post up my thoughts but I really like the chassis an I think it is going to be great!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I wanted a 800, but was only able to get the Turbo.

I have not read where anyone is unhappy with the Turbo from 1/2 to full throttle.
It's how the sled handles and acts from zero to half throttle, that people are unhappy.

And after owning the Turbo, I could never go back to a 800.
Well, if it had a turbo I could.:face-icon-small-coo

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the big M1100t. That said the 11t is NOT going to work for everyone. On Monday after a minor self inflicted issue with the M11t I took it back to the truck and jumped on the M8. Had a BLAST riding the 8.... as much fun as the 11t ? Its different fun. I dont know how to put it any other way. One is a brute with stupid power and will climb anything you point it up at mach 2. The other is a light and powerful tree bashing, carving, jumping, dropping ball of fun. I will say the 2.5 extreme and vert post made the 11T a bunch better on its edge and in the trees but have not done the 38 stance. It will stay with the 40 because the 2013s will be here in OCT. :face-icon-small-hap

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Not looking back!

For the riding I do JSun I'm not looking back to the 800! Yes there has been a time or two that I have thought, "Boy the 800 would be nice in these conditions" but those times are far less then when that 1100T puts a smile on my face a mile wide. Puting the 38 inch a arms on mine and vert steering this weekend and those times when I might think I want a 800 will be a distant memory. :rockon:

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada

I have not read where anyone is unhappy with the Turbo from 1/2 to full throttle.
It's how the sled handles and acts from zero to half throttle, that people are unhappy.

Well you've met one now. I thought that it was very weak for a turbo and extremely slow to build power. Only pulled about 40 or a hair more cutting fresh on a good climb. Maybe next trip will be better as we did find a plug cap that was not pressed on and arcing (heres hoping) but Im not to confident. As it stands ours was very, very weak on top end for a sled that was supposed to be pushing 200 hp.

Handling wise 38" stance is a must if doing anything but wide open pulls, steering is all personal preference, I found that after a day it did not bother me in the least and IMO the 3" forward mount from C3 makes the horizontal post very nice even in the tight trees.

With a little work form the aftermarket (hp wise) this sled will be a great unit but stock it is under powered for the weight and handling sacrifices.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Well you've met one now. I thought that it was very weak for a turbo and extremely slow to build power. Only pulled about 40 or a hair more cutting fresh on a good climb. Maybe next trip will be better as we did find a plug cap that was not pressed on and arcing (heres hoping) but Im not to confident. As it stands ours was very, very weak on top end for a sled that was supposed to be pushing 200 hp.

I would also check your boost hoses "good connections and proper routing"
My clutching was no where correct, but my track speed was 50 and was there instantly.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I would also check your boost hoses "good connections and proper routing"
My clutching was no where correct, but my track speed was 50 and was there instantly.

We couldn't find anything else besides the cap, went through the whole sled.
Also had issues with oct light going off as low boost 15 psi at 8000 feet, I think that's less then stock.

Next trip the BD box is coming off and everything will be stock, if it does not improve its going back to the dealer and he can figure it out. Three new AC's this year and none are performing.

It good to hear that most are having luck with there's. I gives me hope that maybe just something minor is wrong with ours.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
I just thought I'd throw it out there. I know three guys personally that bought them and it sounds like 1/3 would have liked an 800. Just interested to see how everyone on here that bought them feels.

A side question once you answer might be whether ot not you put the 38" stance and vertical steering on, and what kind of riding you like to do (trees, open meadows, hill climber, etc.)

Thanks.

Joe

I bought both so I wouldn't be torn about it lol. The 800 first my tree sled then the turbo. The turbo is a HC but its gettin strectched to a 153, and a 38 front end

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
By the way great thread JSun

Cat sold a ton of these turbos and for the most part I think most are happy campers, (Except Reverse Issue) A new track might just find its way on the ole girl too!:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The power of the turbo is just addicting for a stock sled. It takes a little getting used to as it handles very different than the 800. Next year with the 2.6 PC, 38" stance and vert. post standard, it will be my all time favorite stock mountain sled.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
I am happy with my M1100T. Left the dealer with Powder Pros, Vertical Post, and Ballistic Lightweight Battery.

Have been playing with the shocks and ordered a Stage 2 Barker from D&D.
I'm coming off an M1000 and at 6'4" 240lbs I have no issues throwing the M11T around.

M8's are fun to boondock and handle great but I seem to loose momentum & trench when riding them in deep POW.

Last edited:
T
Jan 1, 2008
I love my 1100T! I did some clutch work before it saw any snow. This thing has beautiful upshift and backshift. The rpm sits at around 7800 with a 2 1/2" exhaust with not one hiccup. I do wish I had a taller riser. I also love the Simmon's gen 3 skis! I hate the smell and smoke of the two stroke. I am sold on electric start and just about everything about this sled but the reverse with four sprockets and two chains, plus gears. When they designed the drive system, they appeared to be brain DEAD!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I love my 1100T! I did some clutch work before it saw any snow. This thing has beautiful upshift and backshift. The rpm sits at around 7800 with a 2 1/2" exhaust with not one hiccup. I do wish I had a taller riser. I also love the Simmon's gen 3 skis! I hate the smell and smoke of the two stroke. I am sold on electric start and just about everything about this sled but the reverse with four sprockets and two chains, plus gears. When they designed the drive system, they appeared to be brain DEAD!

What do you mean, I thought more was always better then less.

T
Jan 1, 2008
Maybe so, it does have more weight and it still feels good. Maybe more is better!
They could maybe add some gears and chains to the steering and maybe a transfer case or something like that. LOL

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Let me say that I have ridden Hilly's. I really liked the sled but the steering just felt goofy after being on an M and now my Pro. That alone made me uncomfortable. I can't wait to try one with the vertical post.

I need a sled I can trust for three to four years, the Pro clearly isn't the answer I am looking for. I thought it was a ProClimb 800 (which I think is a great sled) but maybe it is the Turbo?? If I can get over the fact that it sounds like a Craftsman lawnmower who knows??

There has to be people out there that can take these things places people thought only "lightweight" 800s could go....

Joe

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

Clutching can make the idle to half throttle much better. Also vertical steering and 38 stance.

That being said I liked mine stock but love it with the new muff and vertical steering and 38 stance. And will love it more with a bigger track next year. And maybe a few more less lbs. I have cut 24 between the battery and the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtYVN9MBRpI&list=UUC4RLqriQlC5UpWyf9qwVCg&index=3&feature=plcp

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
LOVE it! Going west, you must have something wrong. My sled, untouched would pull around 62 mph in fresh powder up a hill. I am running about 65-68 mph right now with very minor alterations. Wish the reverse wasn't an issue, but overall I am glad I got one. I like the 800 a lot as well, but wanted a sled that we could leave really close to stock and have big HP.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta

:DBoth are great, 1100T and the 800. You wouldn't believe the diff in handling with the vert. post. You can't argue the fact that not another stock sled in the history of snowmobiling can touch it for power....and it handle great as well. I have had three nytros, 1 apex, and a RX-ton before this four stroke. All had more power...With over 8000 into each one to get it though. ( turbo, track, tunnal, seat, suspention, clutching, vents....the list goes on.)
I put gauges, vert post, clutching, 2.0 BD, exhaust, vents and thats it. The sled rocks. :rockon: It handles ten times better than any of my yami's did and it is mostly stock.

Kudos to Cat for giving us an out of the box 180 hp sled....at elevation.:first:

oh ya, the 800 works good too.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features