• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100T "Big Chute" turbo

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Install time is 8 hours from start to finish.

The hardest part is dealing with the nuts that hold the turbo support to the engine. The best way is to remove the steering post. There are detailed color install instructions included with the kit. You do NOT have to pull the motor.

Whats the estimated install time. Not your best time but a realistic time for a good mech doing it for the first time. Do you have to pull the motor.

P

PIKER

Dec 4, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
All work on the "Big Chute" turbo is done. The engine/turbo/programming makes 250 hp on pump gas and has enough reserve to keep this hp through 10,000' elevation. 280+ is possible on race gas. We may offer a two stage switch next year for customers that want to be able run a pump gas and race gas programs. Peak power is 250+hp at 7700 rpms, but over 240+ hp is available from 7200-8400 rpms. The rpm limit has been raised to 8500. Dyno graphs will be available on our website when it goes live (soon). All tuning, testing and dyno work has been done at high elevations.

The turbo is a direct replacement for the factory turbo. It bolts up to the factory header and factory downpipe. Head studs and a free flowing silencer are required. Our silencer is recommended. Our intercooler fan kit and reinforced silicone boost hoses with T Bolt clamps are highly recommended!

There are also numerous fixes to the factory programming that have been incorporated. Reduced lag, Idle rpm is raised to 1700 and richened slightly (much smoother), Cold rpm rev limit has been raised so the sled can be moved sooner, etc. All factory engine protection systems remain in place. These fixes have been incorporated into our stock turbo mountain tune as well.

Our turbo and programming has been designed from the beginning for the mountains - it is not a flatland system adapted to mountain riding.

This is a great, easy, turnkey upgrade for those looking for more power than the stock turbo can deliver in a reliable package.

This kit will be available to demo near Salt Lake City, UT shortly. Please contact Edge Powersports in Draper UT for demo schedule.

The kit includes:
Big Chute Turbo (exchange for your stock turbo)
EVOPS Custom Mountain ECU reflash matched to the turbo (Reprogram your ECU)
New reinforced silicone intake tube (factory air filter system will be retained)
We are offering the 1st 10 kits at $1999.00

Kit price with head studs, charge tubes and fan kit: $2429.00
Kit price with the above items and exhaust coming soon.

Feel free to contact us with any questions.

What about clutching?
Thanks,

Piker

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
We have not done any work with a Boondocker Box. My guess is that it will not work. Our turbo has required many changes to the fueling and boost and timing maps to optimize it. In other words, if you just bolt it in, the factory computer cannot adapt to it without making substantial changes to the factory programming.

As far as selling the turbo alone, we may consider it in the future.

-Evo-

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Does is it thump louder than the regular turbo, can't wait to see some graphs and sound clips. Do you provide the instructions for the head bolt job too? Does the stock bov stay with the snake spitter?

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Again, no testing has been done, but based on the # of changes needed to make this turbo run as compared to the stock turbo - no those programs will not work.
How about the speed works or turbo dynamics re-flashes? Not optimized for your turbo but both add fuel and timing.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Does is it thump louder than the regular turbo, can't wait to see some graphs and sound clips. Do you provide the instructions for the head bolt job too? Does the stock bov stay with the snake spitter?

The turbo whistle can be heard at idle. Exhaust sound is the same or similar to the stock turbo. In other words, the silencer is mostly what determines the sound.

It works with the stock BOV, but we will be selling our own as an upgrade.

BOV1small.jpg

BOV2small.jpg

Last edited:
E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Definatly a nice price. Now here is a question. I ride in MN as well as out west will it work here? I'd love to do it but i need to have the sled work here as well it doesn't need 250hp but I want it to work here.(1000ft).

The turbo and programming will work at lower elevations but you will have 250 hp in MN as well...

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I see you are a Vipec dealer. Are you doing a kit with the Vipec? Details? Cost, advantages etc. Also av gas is easier and cheaper for me where I live. If I dan straight av gas or 50/50 what kind of HP would be safe? I unload at 3000 but get as high as 8000 locally. 4000-10,000 on trips. How are the belts holding up? I'm ready to jump on something like this but the belt issues are scaring me off 2011-13 Cats now.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I see you are a Vipec dealer. Are you doing a kit with the Vipec? Details? Cost, advantages etc. Also av gas is easier and cheaper for me where I live. If I dan straight av gas or 50/50 what kind of HP would be safe? I unload at 3000 but get as high as 8000 locally. 4000-10,000 on trips. How are the belts holding up? I'm ready to jump on something like this but the belt issues are scaring me off 2011-13 Cats now.

We will not be doing a Vipec kit. The stock ECU and all of the sensors Suzuki/Cat provided us with is already ideal. Our tune for this turbo is like stock in terms of how the boost control works. The ECU varies the duty cycle on the boost control solenoid according to the input from the sensors. This is what allows the the same hp at altitude as sea level.

The 100LL Avgas tune is 280 hp. More is possible, but connecting rods and pistons will need to be installed along with the head bolts.

To my knowledge, there have been no issues with belts on the 1100. It is a completely different setup than the 800. The belts on our machines last about 450 miles which is reasonable for a 250+ hp sled.

For the Yamaha guys - EVOPS in conjunction with MPI are releasing tunes for the Nytro ECU which the boosted guys will appreciate.

Contact MPI for more details.

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
cold air intake

have you tested your set up with a better cold air intake? will be spring checking , and am very interested, so you could run 100ll and get around 280 without differant rods?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
If I brought you a stock 1100T what would that whole package cost installed with the head bolts etc? A complete ready to run package tuned for av gas?

O
Dec 1, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Specs on the turbo? Pretty sure I'm seeing a Garrett M54 compressor housing in the .51A/R flavor (showing your European tuning roots ;) ) with what appears to be a bored and sleeved inlet? I assume you've grafted a larger compressor wheel onto the stock exhaust wheel and maintained the stock exhaust housing for direct swapability? Should be a great upgrade, it's refreshing to see people with a solid forced induction background entering the market!

How adaptable is the factory ecu? I haven't had my hands on an M1100T yet, is it speed density?

Anyone have any insight on motor stability? Headbolts stretch first it appears, what gives next?

Great work guys, I bet it rips!

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Specs on the turbo? Pretty sure I'm seeing a Garrett M54 compressor housing in the .51A/R flavor (showing your European tuning roots ;) ) with what appears to be a bored and sleeved inlet? I assume you've grafted a larger compressor wheel onto the stock exhaust wheel and maintained the stock exhaust housing for direct swapability? Should be a great upgrade, it's refreshing to see people with a solid forced induction background entering the market!

Pretty close - You must have good eyes :)

How adaptable is the factory ecu? I haven't had my hands on an M1100T yet, is it speed density?

This is the best ecu we have ever seen in the snowmobile industry. Yes it is speed density.

Anyone have any insight on motor stability? Headbolts stretch first it appears, what gives next?

Head studs are needed at 220 hp. We are suggesting pistons and rods beyond 280 hp for mountain riding.

Great work guys, I bet it rips!

It does :face-icon-small-win

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
We will have a sled at the Fairview shootout Saturday march 31 with the Big chute turbo kit on it. Anyone is welcome to come see it and take a spin. The shootout is in central Utah. Right now it takes a good running 12lb boost PC m8 to stay with this sled with just the 215hp ECU reflash and pump gas. I doubt very many turbo m8's will compete with the big chute on race gas. We will see come Saturday. For questions on any of these products send me a PM.

Premium Features