• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch side plug keeps fouling

906 Bob

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
The 906 of MI
www.myspace.com
Here is my issue I have a 2009 Assault (all updates done) with a fresh for this season engine in it even the injectors are fresh. The mods that are done to it are Bikman head, Bikeman pipe, Bikeman powderlite can, Boondocker fuel controller, Boyesen rage cage reeds, VES vent deleted, valve in throttle body heater, Timbersled intake and Fire n Ice headlight. My boondocker numbers are (3000 trim -2) (5500 mid +5 high +5 trim -2) everything else is 0's for now. So I started the day with NGK BPR9EIX plugs and no trim in the fuel I made it about a mile from the house just cruising varying the throttle alot and I loaded up the clutch side. I got back to the house and cleared it out put fresh RN57YCC's in and trimmed the fuel to -2 (see above) I let it sit and idle for 5min or so then took out again varying the trottle alot I rode for 30min it ran great so then I went to fuel up the rest of the way and then start an actual ride. I shut the sled off at the gas station pumped 7gal of premium (pay @ the pump) started the sled and didn't even make it out of the gas station parking lot and it loaded up the clutch side again. So far I've checked for good spark and compression (105psi both cyl room temp less than 1 hr on the engine) where should I be looking next??????

Thanx for the help in advance, Bob

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
fouling plugs

I am only familiar with the BD box for turboed application, but I would start lowering the #'S on the control box. It sounds like you could be giving it too much fuel. As well the compression sound a little low. When doing the compression check was the throttle held wot. If it is all new top end it could just need a few more miles on it to seat the ring in.

C
Jul 13, 2009
Boise, ID
Iv seen this problem with the boondocker box and the newest reflash. It causes it to load up when you shut it off an won't restart. Take it to your dealer and have them put the older flash in it. I don't think boondocker has a fix for it.

906 Bob

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
The 906 of MI
www.myspace.com
When I did the compression check it was with the throttle open, the flash that I'm running is the one that came out last Jan also I'm at 0-2000ft elevation if that would make a difference

Premium Features