• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To all users and moderators

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
I read that three times.......dont get it.

Why support something that you dont agree with ?

My main point was that just because I paid to be a member so I could still participate in the forums doesn't mean I agree with what Christopher is doing here. I felt that he thinks that everyone that is a paid member agrees with him, but I don't and I know of other premium members that don't. I am hopeful that Snowest doesn't implode, but if it does I hold Christopher responsible. If this all works out I will tuck tale and apologize to Christopher. One way that I will protest is that I won't subscribe to any of Harris Publishing's Magazines. Finally, I am already seeing the benefits of the changes. I still have dial-up internet and last night with fewer users on the forums I was flying and furthermore there was less information to read so I could spend more time with my wife.
(Hope this doesn't confuse anybody if you could hear my sarcastic tone when I type I think you would get it.)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am hopeful that Snowest doesn't implode, but if it does I hold Christopher responsible.

If this all works out I will tuck tale and apologize to Christopher. One way that I will protest is that I won't subscribe to any of Harris Publishing's Magazines.

I suppose that pretty much makes me the whipping boy.
If it works I get all the glory.
If it fails I get all the gory.

When you upgraded to Premium status, you do realize that you subscribed to all of the Snow magazines in digital format, right?

R

rickster

Dec 11, 2007
northwest Nebraska
my biggest controversy is I can't get upgraded!

I don't have a big problem with paying to be a part of this forum. I belong to several bike forums that require a paid membership. I have gotten my dues back many times over in good advise, tips and insights into the machines I ride. I have been on the snowest forum for a long time, but every time the format etc. has changed my status gets dumped and I come out looking like a newbie. I get all the snowmobile rags and snowest is the best because, well I ride the west. It is sad that some people's behavior on here is so poor, i.e. inconsiderate and at times just plain rude. I don't feel that has a whole lot to do with wether it is a free or pay sight. It has to do with those people, period! All that said I want to pay, plan on paying and have tried to pay for the last week, but have been unable to. Every time I end up in a dead end!
Someone please help me pay my dues so, I can get the latest on my Doo!

Thanks rickster.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don't have a big problem with paying to be a part of this forum. I belong to several bike forums that require a paid membership. I have gotten my dues back many times over in good advise, tips and insights into the machines I ride. I have been on the snowest forum for a long time, but every time the format etc. has changed my status gets dumped and I come out looking like a newbie. I get all the snowmobile rags and snowest is the best because, well I ride the west. It is sad that some people's behavior on here is so poor, i.e. inconsiderate and at times just plain rude. I don't feel that has a whole lot to do with wether it is a free or pay sight. It has to do with those people, period! All that said I want to pay, plan on paying and have tried to pay for the last week, but have been unable to. Every time I end up in a dead end!
Someone please help me pay my dues so, I can get the latest on my Doo!

Thanks rickster.
So..
Please tell me where the system breaks down for you.
After you click on UPGRADE TO PREMIUM, what happens?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
So..
Please tell me where the system breaks down for you.
After you click on UPGRADE TO PREMIUM, what happens?

For me, it broke down. IT acted like i was banned for about an hour... Till i finally was so pissed off at you guys at snowest i gave up. I was then checking my emaill to get some specs from ez-ryde and noticed an e-mail from snowest. After i followed the link, all was well.

I am happy now.

BUT, i do think that we should allow free users to brows and post on all forums and threads...

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i will gladly pay 20 bucks to SAWS or some other oganization to help the snowmobile community in fighting land closings and so forth. I refuse to pay someone just so I can post tech info and help others out. When one site fails another will replace it. Just like what happened to american snowmobiler.

People that are upset with mods have a right to voice their opinion, when these mods favor other people or a specific brand and move/delete posts cause they said a certain brand sucks then yes...the mods are doing a pizz poor job

as far as christoper goes, this is his vision let him do his job. pay or not your not going to change anything. If you dont like it hang out with us on the other site.

Where do you think everyone with the most experience moved to? Most of them left here already and the old timers on here already know this.

R

rickster

Dec 11, 2007
northwest Nebraska
I got "stalled out" after completing the page containing my user name and password and clicked on "continue". I then got a blank page with only the header "Snowest Online", and could go no further. I have tried many, many times and tried changing my password as well. I am not the greatest when it comes to computers as they seem to have a mind of their own, what a minute they do! So perhaps I am doing something incorrectly. I guess it does not matter as long as it gets sorted out and I am sure it will. I have been somewhat surprised by it and thought perhaps it was getting bogged down by use or something. rickster

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I got "stalled out" after completing the page containing my user name and password and clicked on "continue". I then got a blank page with only the header "Snowest Online", and could go no further. I have tried many, many times and tried changing my password as well. I am not the greatest when it comes to computers as they seem to have a mind of their own, what a minute they do! So perhaps I am doing something incorrectly. I guess it does not matter as long as it gets sorted out and I am sure it will. I have been somewhat surprised by it and thought perhaps it was getting bogged down by use or something. rickster

Make user your e-mail is correct, then check your e-mail. IF there is not an e-mail to confirm your membership (it will have a link in it, click the link, it will take you to a special page and it will say congratulations or something, then from there its as easy as pie.)

IF not, contact Christopher.

R

rickster

Dec 11, 2007
northwest Nebraska
still trying

I checked my email, user name and password today as suggested. Everything appeared correct and tried AGAIN to pay the 3 year membership. After completing the page asking for my user name and password as well completing the other info I clicked on "continue". It opened up a page with a header "Snowest online" but the page was blank. In the right upper corner I was able to click on "terms & conditions" and that opened to a page describing the "terms & conditions", but nothing else. I have been unable to get beyond that and have stalled out at that point numerous times over the past week and half. rickster

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
My question is "who owns the Snowest forum site?" If Harris Publishing sold the site to Christopher, then HP can't be held responsible for the current condition of this site. Maybe Christopher should chime in and give us the name of the current owner and their management team.

BCB

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
All of you who paid for this pretty much screwed the pooch for the rest of us. If nobody paid then it would still be free! Think about it. Nobody can stand together. Same problem with Unions today, I won't get started on that one though. I hope all of you paying customers enjoy your time together. You will not get all the good advice and tips that you got before. Good luck!!!

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
All of you who paid for this pretty much screwed the pooch for the rest of us. If nobody paid then it would still be free! Think about it. Nobody can stand together. Same problem with Unions today, I won't get started on that one though. I hope all of you paying customers enjoy your time together. You will not get all the good advice and tips that you got before. Good luck!!!

:llama:

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I paid but it still wants me to upgrade can someone fix it so after you upgrade it no longer shows up under the User CP?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Originally Posted by powdersnobb

i second this, what were you guys thinking

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
For Sale:

used SLP head for skidoo 800 H.O. above 6000 ft...good condition

$200 shipped to the lower 48

Hay, I se you have a had for sayle, would that fit on a polaris?

I'v got a reallee fast 97 rmk and i want to mke it even faster, wood this help

how much hors wood it make if i put it on my sled?

Premium Features