• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help!! From ladies who have ridden Polaris IQ 155 models

R

rconnolly05

May 31, 2009
Cheyenne, WY
Have any of you ladies that have ridden the 600 H.O. RMK 155 or Dragon 700 155 had any trouble keeping balance on it? I am not sure if I have it set up right for my wife or not and she tips over sometimes. I weigh quite a bit so I have no trouble using my weight to handle the sleds but she is A LOT smaller than me and is struggling.

Any advice for setting it up right for her so she doesn't get embarrassed? Right now I have the skiis set in the middle spacing but have tried spacing them as wide as they go and she still has trouble. She can stand both feet on one board and still has a really hard time cutting even in powder but with my big rearend i can just shift my weight and dump the thing on its side, makes her frustrated!

I will go as far as buying her a different sled if thats what it takes but i need some advice. Thanks!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Have any of you ladies that have ridden the 600 H.O. RMK 155 or Dragon 700 155 had any trouble keeping balance on it? I am not sure if I have it set up right for my wife or not and she tips over sometimes. I weigh quite a bit so I have no trouble using my weight to handle the sleds but she is A LOT smaller than me and is struggling.

Any advice for setting it up right for her so she doesn't get embarrassed? Right now I have the skiis set in the middle spacing but have tried spacing them as wide as they go and she still has trouble. She can stand both feet on one board and still has a really hard time cutting even in powder but with my big rearend i can just shift my weight and dump the thing on its side, makes her frustrated!

I will go as far as buying her a different sled if thats what it takes but i need some advice. Thanks!

have you stiffened the shocks at all? sometimes it helps a bit to stiffen them..but not much at a time ...also move the bars/risers back..if they are too far forward the sled gets unstable...

D
Nov 28, 2009
Dunmore, AB
I ride a 2008 700 Dragon 155. I can relate to the tipping problem when I first got on it. I added a 5.5" riser. left hand throttle and husband took the stabilizer bar out. This all helped me with most of the tipping problem. I had more trouble preventing the roll on to the right (exhaust) side so left-hand throttle helped me get my weight further out on left for counter balance.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
The biggest thing I've found with this chassis is it takes practice/time/patience for the rider and her to learn her ways. She's isn't going to learn yours. ;) They are quite tippy and getting the front shocks revalved can help with that, I did mine this winter and am noticing quite a bit of difference. But if you tip her past a certain point wants to flop unless you have the throttle control (USE IT!) and body movement (MOVE IT!) down to pull her out of it. But that takes practice. :sun:

This is the easiest chassis I have been on, too easy sometimes ie the flopping. Read PowderGirl's post in the "women's input on sidehilling" and see if you can pick up some pointers there for your wife as Sarah is a small lady and RIPS her Dragon like no other! With the right throttle control and weight placement these sleds are a dream, especially in powder! :face-icon-small-coo

Don't give up hope!!

R

rconnolly05

May 31, 2009
Cheyenne, WY
Thanks everyone, I will try all of your suggestions. Maybe I should have left the sway bar out of hers because when I bought it the previous owner didnt have one in it either so I put one in, and it was not fun! I am definately going for the taller riser, I thought that may help for leverage so Im glad to hear someone else suggest it.

Foxyrmk- do you still have the stock shocks from your 08 RMK? Interested in selling them if you have them? I have a feeling I am going to need a back up set for my dragon, my Walkers are feeling a little soft for me and I have seen 3 different guys a lot lighter than me blow out Walker shock. I would like som FOX Float or something better but im sure you all know how money is.

W
Dec 14, 2007
I ride a 800 dragon and I believe one of the most important things in handling is the suspension front shock upper mount location. It comes stock in the rear hole. Move the bolt to the front hole which lays the shock down. The difference is huge for me. I also ride with a sway bar, but I think I'm in the minority on that. Try that I hope it helps.

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I ride a 07 Dragon 700 155 - I feel so dang comfortable on this sled and I do feel like I can really put it where I want to (most the time) and I'm 5'4" and 120 lbs. I removed my sway bars, replaced my spindles with Holz spindles (the 2007 spindles made the sled harder to turn, they fixed them in 08 I guess) and had my front shocks built for my weight and riding type. I did not raise my bars - I feel like the stock height fits me great.

Get her sled set up right then help her with techniques that are given to you from ladies. She may be needing to use more throttle and learn to counter the ergos she feels so she doesnt tip over. I lean over my bars and stand tall while I gas it - make sure she stands tall too (no butt sticking out and no crouching). The sidehilling thread in here has some great pointers for lots of ladies in here. Have her hop on and start reading.

Last edited:
Premium Features