• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is upsetting Snowest Users???

What is upsetting snowest users???

• Crippling site speed

Votes: 142 33.2%
  • Over Moderation

Votes: 106 24.8%
  • New look and feel

Votes: 66 15.4%
  • New Admin not listeining to users

Votes: 94 22.0%
  • Having to pay for full access

Votes: 228 53.3%
  • Nothing...I like it just the way it is

Votes: 43 10.0%
  • It's been over 7 months since I've ridden ... I'm bored

Votes: 84 19.6%
  • That nobody realizes how great I am

Votes: 48 11.2%

• Total voters

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Well, while it's at the top again... I will say that I thought a majority of the reason it went to a pay site was to help them afford the new equipment to take away the technical issues they were having and do something about the speed. Well, I see there is still a speed issue.... kinda like the other FREE forums I frequent, during the evening hours it seems they are all slow, but this one isn't free.

Other than that... I haven't ridden for going on 9 months!!!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
site speed does suck sometimes but I assume it will get better.

over mod- Not sure. I've been scolded before on something that wasn't a big deal. Made a joke. don't really care. Thread ended up closed. Wasn't going anywhere good. Some people are good with power and some aren't. I do think some mods have went overboard. Power goes to people's head's.

As far as the new forum there is a lot that is garbage to me but that doesn't mean someone else won't like it.

admin listening- They don't listen to me. I want a butt hurt thread and a octagon thread for people who are mad because you don't like what they like or or they are too biased to look at anything else. On a serious note I never vote on any of the stuff christopher sends out. I don't even like getting it but that doesn't mean someone else might not like it. I get what I want out of it and leave the rest for others if they choose.

to pay or not- This is the dumbest issue for me. This isn't the only forum I pay for. I don't have to pay for it but there is a bunch of stuff I want so I pay. Cost is minimal for what you get. If you don't think you get enough then move on. I've sold sleds, on here, before it was a pay site. Costs a bunch of money to advertise in the paper or mini nickel. More than payed for it in that aspect. Nothing is free anymore. Everything costs money. I am not saying you are a dirt bag if you don't pay. What's worth it to me might not be worth it to you. It does bug me when someone asks to start a new thread because they can't read past such and such post. There is a lot of good and a lot of bias garbage. I get what I want and it is worth it to me.

I think everyone is bored and just needs to ride. I am on every night and it gets to be the same old stuff.

It would have been easier to just vote.

Burr

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Luverne Mn
I think the site is just fine. They are trying to make it better and sometimes people just dont like change.. You can never make every one happy. So lets worry more about the people trying to take are sport away from us than are web site. As for the charge it is nothing compared to what every thing else cost now days.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
apparently I am retarded too. I was wondering. I hadn't heard any huge problems lately. People are apparently getting bored and need to ride.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
too many polls and manufactures that finally were getting the idea that a light sled is what MOST riders want are building 4 stroke tanks!!!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
This poll was started 2 years ago....when it took 5 minutes to load a page...rumors of having to pay were coming...and a lot of threads were being deleted/edited by mods for their own reasons.

90% of the issues have been addressed...because users spoke up

I would delete the thread...but they have still have their reigns on that in fear of people deleting their content...which was happening by many disgruntled users at the one time

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
and here I thought what was upsetting peeps was cat riders worring they are too fat, polaris riders feel underpowered, doo guys are feeling left out on old stuff, oh and the yammy guys...well chit they have been on the same heavy, ill handling chit for so long..they have no clue theres better out there....

Bottom line is snowest needs to run like www.thumpertalk com.this is how a real forum Should run. A pay site that you never here people b*tching about paying for cuz there is a actually a benifit of being a member . I have been a forum member since I was 17 and now 29 and can barely stand the site. Just like everyone very disappointed since this cat Christopher took over. Just like everyone has said this forum used to be so so killer for info. I used to read for hours on this site. Thank BCR for helping us sledhead.

K
Jan 21, 2009
All the internet tough guys, know it alls, been there done that at 16 years old types.....Plain old Dick Wads. Slimes like Slick the Wanker from buck****ville, AB who rides maybe once a feckin season but frequents the site more than he does his women. This is what bothers me about Snowest....but not really Snowests fault or Chris's

Last edited:

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I really hate SnoWest cause I am on it so much I can't concentrate on school!!:face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sho

Haha agreed, what a coincidence its 4:30 a.m. and i just got done working on a butt load of homework that i procrastinated on, now it is taking away from my sleeping time but its well worth it.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
All the internet tough guys, know it alls, been there done that at 16 years old types.....Plain old Dick Wads. Slimes like Slick the Wanker from buck****ville, AB who rides maybe once a feckin season but frequents the site more than he does his women. This is what bothers me about Snowest....but not really Snowests fault or Chris's

Ah,, you hurt my feelings. LOL.. Full of themselves meatheads with their heads totally up their derrierres so far that they actually think someone else thinks they are as big a deal as they do themselves. Thats also a big problem, but I can deal with it. Whiny, girlie boy types that assume they know it all, .... like you.... they sometimes add some interesting reading in between the good solid information that gets shared here. I think snowest is fine.....you...mot so much. have a great day........ and try and minimize the whining. And by the way, I'm not from there. See theres so much you could learn.

U
Sep 12, 2010
This poll was started 2 years ago....when it took 5 minutes to load a page...rumors of having to pay were coming...and a lot of threads were being deleted/edited by mods for their own reasons.

90% of the issues have been addressed...because users spoke up

I would delete the thread...but they have still have their reigns on that in fear of people deleting their content...which was happening by many disgruntled users at the one time

I still won't pay for user supplied content.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I still won't pay for user supplied content.

How else is there going to be any content? Do you think other websites supply all the tech and content? Without forum users, there isn't a forum. That's kinda what the definition of a "forum" is.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
How else is there going to be any content? Do you think other websites supply all the tech and content? Without forum users, there isn't a forum. That's kinda what the definition of a "forum" is.

Please tell me that you aren't that clueless. Drinking the snowest koolaid? Really? Your comment is the same load of crap they were spewing 2 years ago.

I'm on 4wd forums, boat forums, snowmobile forums and this is the only one of them that charges for, yes, you guessed it, user generated content.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Yes, it makes sense, and no.......you don't have to STFU. :beer;

Last year there was the in state rival football game; Cats vs. Griz, and there was a thread started.

I posted the traditional chant of eat sh#t grizzlies go cats go...and CatWoman removes my thread for poor taste.

YET...she can post STFU and I've seen other quetionable posts by her if she was offended by my cat cheer.

AND...

I am a member of other forums, and this is the ONLY forum that really tries to FORCE you to pay; by limiting how many posts in a thread a person can see, and numerous other tactics.

Yes, the yearly fee is mininmal and this topic has been beat to death, but don't force people to pay for this!

I am a member of 4 other forums, and none of those forums limit what you can do in the forum as much as snow west does.

Premium Features