• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex factory 20 hp boost

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
WOW that is a arm and almost a leg. 2500 for 20 hp is alot
You could modify the head port the exhaust play with the weights sink the carbs. Get a high output ignition system. Alot of things could be done before that has to.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
I think I saw the $2,000 figure thrown out there some where too, but I think that it was a less than figure when they were all done. I think if they got it fine tuned and included a programmer like the 2010 YZF 450 has as an accessory and made it a true "sleeper" application in the sub $1,000 range it would be well worth it. I mean a reverse kit is well under $1,000 and it has a lot more parts, this kit is a pin wheel and some plumbing. I think if they could do these things they would sell like hot cakes. Not everyone has the budget to buy a $10,000 plus sled then drop another $5-7,000 in it installing a turbo/SC and all the associated tuning. For the riding I do this would be the cat's @$$....for the right price.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Sounds like the tuner might be in the works too! Definitely go on sled talk a post your interest on the blog....he is saying a minimum of 20 horses who's to say there might not be another 5-15 in there with a tuner and some fine tuning on the finished product...

L

LOKI

Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
Their dyno results showed 20 hp @ the track. I think I've spent close to 2 grand on some of my 2 stroke rides and might not have seen a true 20 hp gain at the track but who's to say because i didn't have a dyno. Sound like it might work for the flatlanders who aren't going to spend 8-10000 on turbo and don't want to do any engine mods. Cheers

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
make it under 2500 for the kit and a tuner like they got for the 450 and flatlanders will be on that like flys on ****. if they could make some sort of small speed up gear drive to make the nytro motor turn the impeller fast enough that would be the cats meow. 150hp nytro would make me trade in my apex.

D

dinlaroche

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 18, 2007
Calgary
Isn't this something that yamaha could do at the factory that wouldn't add much cost to a sled? It could make things more competitive if that was on all of their stock sleds... or any of the sled manufacturers for that matter.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
more info....

More info from the Yamaha Sled Talk site.....

http://gforcedivision.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=69

Any idea on a time frame for G-Force setup(i.e. this season next season)? Honestly I think this is a sweet setup especially for us that don’t have huge incomes or want huge credit card bills. I have been toying with the thought of an MPI SC or a turbo setup but for the type of terrain I ride (bushwhacking, boondocking) that is a lot of money for the amount of true use it would get, but another 20-30 horses for this kind of money would be just right.

Hey Ron, They are now in production and Gilles will be shipping in November. He asked that contact is made on line through G-force and prefers to deliver through Yamaha dealerships in Canada but will accommodate American sales directly. I am waiting for him to return from Bonneville to update the subject. cheers cr

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Fuji said it the best
The thing we dont have with a 4 stroke is the ability to slap on pipes and a head and gain 20 hp just like the 2 stroke guys
Now, we got the equivelant price and HP gain
There's lots of competition in the big power big money department

20 real hp at the track for $2000, a Rev or Cat guy would be all over it

Premium Features