• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

There Goes More of Our BC Forests!!!

K
Not Government induced but there's speculation this was started by a quadder or motorcyclist. Greenies been trying to shut down trails in this area for a long time. Now they're suggesting a spark from an atv or motorcycle exhaust. (BS):mad: Un-attended campfire is more likely. This is just above Kelowna BC on the West side Okanagan lake. 2000 hectares plus and out of control.
Stew+Alcock.jpg

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Not Government induced but there's speculation this was started by a quadder or motorcyclist. Greenies been trying to shut down trails in this area for a long time. Now they're suggesting a spark from an atv or motorcycle exhaust. (BS):mad: Un-attended campfire is more likely. This is just above Kelowna BC on the West side Okanagan lake. 2000 hectares plus and out of control.
Stew+Alcock.jpg

Is that the terrace lake fire? Not good if its true, with the ATV becoming much more popular in the last few years, they are starting to get more and more attention from the greenies it seems.

K
Yeah. That is Terrace Mountain. Just announced minutes ago it's now 4000 hectares and remaining totally out of control Forests here are incredibly dry right now. Lightening in the forecast for this afternoon. Evacuations in progress as I post this. Could get as ugly as 2003. A lot of homes in the Fintry area being threatened.

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Yeah. That is Terrace Mountain. Just announced minutes ago it's now 4000 hectares and remaining totally out of control Forests here are incredibly dry right now. Lightening in the forecast for this afternoon. Evacuations in progress as I post this. Could get as ugly as 2003. A lot of homes in the Fintry area being threatened.

I know you guys have the pine beetle up there, but have you been hit with that nasty catipillar/moth that eats the new growth on the fur trees? Its the next pandemic affecting our forests in BC, its really bad in my area. Basically all the trees have all started dying off, either from the pine beetle or this new moth, and if a fire ever gets going in there, its going to be really bad with all the dry timber and dead trees ready to go up like a match stick, I am hoing you havnt been affected by this yet up there, but I have a feeling this is going to get alot worse this summer with the state of our forests and how many unhealthy dieing trees there are. That Terrace Mountain fire is gonna be a hard one to get a handle on. All the best wishes to you guys up there.

K
We don't have the moth problem around here yet but I imagine it's coming. The pine beetle is working its way here from the Northwest. We're just starting to see the initial signs of the impending infestation. We 're getting lightening storms and high winds right now. A small amount of rain that will do absolutely nothing to keep the fires down. Just heard on the radio 30 new forest fires sparked this afternoon in our area. This is gonna get way worse before it gets better. Could this be the end? :eek:
That's it....I'm heading out to ride my sled up and own the street.
http://gallery.castanet.net/d/78007-2/July+23+_5_.jpg

Z
Fire started by a couple of hippies trying to put gas in there campstove to brew tea, the darn thing fell off the subaru and started this mess. I'm starting this rumor please fuel it!:D

Hope the fires are controlled soon!

Premium Features