• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Volunteers: Search & Rescue

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Why Not....

Joe-

E.R. PM ME for my phone #

I have been riding for 6+ years. I have a couple sleds, beacon, probe and shovel.

Willing to help if needed.

B
Mar 12, 2009
Add me to the Fairbanks list

Have probes, beacons, couple drag sled. 460-9935

I'll link to this post on FST web site to get some vol.

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Great idea, and thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Put me down as well. Have beacon, probe, and shovel plus backcountry skis, snowshoes, or a mtn sled for access. 242-2847 Storm

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
As you can read from my "Leaving Alaska" post, I will be moving back to Upper Michigan. At least there will be lots of deep powder riding....
Is there anyone that wants to take over updating this list? We called people last year a couple times that worked out great for recoverys. Thanks again. See you spring riding:beer;

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
As you can read from my "Leaving Alaska" post, I will be moving back to Upper Michigan. At least there will be lots of deep powder riding....
Is there anyone that wants to take over updating this list? We called people last year a couple times that worked out great for recoverys. Thanks again. See you spring riding:beer;

I know I'm new but I'd like to do what I can. I have no problem keeping it active, just want to know smoe more about the details is all.

M7-Ballz 2 the Wall

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Volunteer Needed...... Alan Gage Search and Rescue

Volunteers are needed for day 2 of the current efforts to remove Alan Gage from the area and return him home. About 60 people showed up today and were working at the site for 7 to 8 hours. The more the people the better. We are greeting up at the end Ralilroad depo at mile 80 of the Seward Highway between Girdwood and Whitter turn off. If you would like to help please be geared up with the following supplies and at the greeting site at 8:30am.

Packing for helicopter mobilization will be different than if you were riding in smaller is better please make sure you are prepared with the following on your person or in a small backpack:
o Avalanche Beacon (new batteries)
o Avalanche Shovel
o Avalanche Probe
o Water Bottle
o Spare Set of Gloves

Any Probe works but if you have a larger diameter (3/8" or bigger) in the 10' to 12' range would be the best. The small one are breaking quickly.

Thanks you so much in advance
If you need more details please contact me at (907) 727-6458

Last edited:
J

justinak907

Oct 5, 2008
Soldotna
I work 2x2, but if I'm home I have a mountain sled, trailer, probe and I'm more than willing to help. Kenai Peninsula. Justin 953-4200

Premium Features