• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New gear for the season?

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Hey ladies! With all these pictures of snow floating around on the net today, I have one thing on my mind! :smow:

What new gear are you planning to buy for the upcoming season? I have decided I want the new Motorfist Dominator helmet. I just got a bunch of new stuff from Klim! Gloves, bibs, hat, gear bag, and balacalava. I love Klim's new vest and might get it but they were out of the color I wanted. :face-icon-small-sho

AND NO KITTY! THAT IS MY NEW GEAR BAG! :nono:

fb4bcbe7-1ba8-4637-8d0f-72b8a5163e67_zps19984fde.jpg

W

Woops!

Mar 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
My new purchase for this year (other than my new to me sled) will be a fire extinguisher! After watching 2 sleds catch on fire & the one with the extinguisher out before permanent damage done & the one without burning to the ground, and seeing video of several others, I decided that it's worth the $150

Q
Feb 9, 2013
Jacket and bibs advice?

Hey, Ladies-- I am looking at the new Klim, Motorfist, and Divas Snowgear stuff.

Divas
Divine II:
http://www.divassnowgear.com/Womens_snowmobile_coat_jacket_p/divine-ii-jacket-pink-gray.htm

Klim
Allure Parka:
http://www.klim.com/Snow/Allure-Parka-3369-004.html?colorID=88

Motorfist
Contessa:
http://www.motorfist.com/product.php?p=139&c=

Heeeeeelp. Please share your opinions on fit/movement (stiffness? My 3 year old Ladies ArcticCat coat is less stiff than men's but really still too crunchy/stiff and rides up.) /waterproofness (no doubt that's a word,) breathability and anything else that's relevant. :)

Motorfist has that great angled zipper so everything's not under your chin, the Divas LOOK SOOOO AWESOME, Klim has a great reputation (my husband loves his Klim everything)… I tried on last year's Klim ladies jacket in gray-- hm. they claimed it would fit real feminine, but OH so not. I am 5'5" and 150# (give or take. haha)

I really appreciate any comments. and I pre-apologize if there's another thread doing this already, now that I have this all typed out. LOL
Cyndi

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Hey, Ladies-- I am looking at the new Klim, Motorfist, and Divas Snowgear stuff.

Divas
Divine II:
http://www.divassnowgear.com/Womens_snowmobile_coat_jacket_p/divine-ii-jacket-pink-gray.htm

Klim
Allure Parka:
http://www.klim.com/Snow/Allure-Parka-3369-004.html?colorID=88

Motorfist
Contessa:
http://www.motorfist.com/product.php?p=139&c=

Heeeeeelp. Please share your opinions on fit/movement (stiffness? My 3 year old Ladies ArcticCat coat is less stiff than men's but really still too crunchy/stiff and rides up.) /waterproofness (no doubt that's a word,) breathability and anything else that's relevant. :)

Motorfist has that great angled zipper so everything's not under your chin, the Divas LOOK SOOOO AWESOME, Klim has a great reputation (my husband loves his Klim everything)… I tried on last year's Klim ladies jacket in gray-- hm. they claimed it would fit real feminine, but OH so not. I am 5'5" and 150# (give or take. haha)

I really appreciate any comments. and I pre-apologize if there's another thread doing this already, now that I have this all typed out. LOL
Cyndi

I have the Tomahawk http://www.klim.com/Snow/Tomahawk-Parka.html?colorID=13 and love it! I am 5'4 and 150lbs. I love Klim's customer service and warranty. Granted I have not given the other two you listed a chance yet but I am very happy with my Klim gear! :face-icon-small-coo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I hope you like the Dominator helmet. I hear they give you 5 more Horsepower.
Hey, MF Guy.
Here we have a rare female moderator who is 100% Gung-Ho on sledding.
You might want to hook her up with some of that fine MF Gear for her to "review" for the other ladies here in the Powder Room..

Just Sayin....:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
I have spent time in the new Motorfist Contessa line up and freakin Love love Love it! I am so incredibly thankful that Motorfist has incorporated eVent into the women's line up.
totally waterproof, and breathable. It moves so nice, and feels great.

I had my Motorfist base layer, and the hydrophobic fleece midlayer on. Riding hard, I stayed warm and dry.
There was no bunching in the crotch area... I find when I wear my dude clothes I feel like some gangsta from the hood.. these pants fit awesome, high enough in the back so when I did bite the biscuit snow didn't go up my back or down my pants. I like the full zippered side, and the jacket is super comfy. Even with a chest protector underneath.
I like the boots too!!!!!!!!!! Again, built for a woman's foot.. not a small dude. they fit perfectly. I'm a huge fan of eVent and Motorfist. I've worn Motorfist clothing now for about 3 seasons, and am incredibly happy.
contessa resized 1.jpg

contessa resized 2.jpg

contessa resized 3.jpg

contessa resized 4.jpg

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
goddess has taken her gear to new dimensions~ outside of sledding and even the dirt scene~ it's becoming the style thing at here school~~ ya might consider her too as a candidate ~

RMKelly

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
I'm treating myself to the new Klim bibs this season. Can't wait for them to arrive! Find myself loving this brand more with each purchase! Fit and function, I love it! :face-icon-small-hap

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Just throwing this in the mix.... Last year I ran the Klim Alpine bibs which were women's cut and I LOVED THEM!!! I hate bibs but I found a way around that! I hired a local seamstress to just sew on velcro tabs to act like a belt and then I cut of the bibs making pants out of them! LOVED LOVED LOVED those pants after that and thinking I might go that direction this year as well!!

The cascade pants have a LOT of room in them... some of you ladies might not like that. I do suggest trying them on especially if you're a really slight build female. On the other side of things though the new men's stealth gear looks FANTASTIC on. especially for those ladies who might not be SUPER curvy... the bibs zip off and can be made into pants (with velcro tabs! hey, they stole my idea!) and the slim fit of the pants moved with me and looked great on!! So don't be afraid to try those because they're in the men's section or because you think they're bibs!

I didn't try on the allure because I'm not an insulation girl... Dang it, I should have just to know... oh well... I LOVED my alpine jacket that I had this year and am going to give the Cascade pullover a try for this year for those really warm days...

Last edited:
Premium Features