• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chest Protector's

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
I am wanting to find out what type of proptectors women riders prefer.... After all we are built differently than our male counter parts :face-icon-small-win 2 years ago I cracked a few ribs, that day I decided to leave my Klim vest in the trailer because I purchased a new coat and the vest no longer fit under my jacket :face-icon-small-sad Little did I know that would be the one day I would bang my ribs against my handle bars and do a Scorpion over the front end :doh:
I know that the female riders out there today ride much more aggressive than in earlier years and our chances of getting injured are much higher than before. Give me feedback on what brand you wear and the pro's and con's as I am in the market for a new one.

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
I picked up a Stella Body Armor from Alpinestar. It's for the "dirt" side of the powersports world, but actually fits in my Klim Jacket. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT. The Armor is comfy, doesn't move or cause irriation, even when I had sweaty days on my bike! I went with this style because of my size of "ladies." It comes with the removeable spine support/kidney belt. Also has elbow and shoulder guards, which I have personally tested, and walked away from! Hopefully this helps!!

S

skinnybitch

Oct 13, 2010
Alberta/BC
661 Coresaver. Pretty comfy. Not at all bulky. It has great spine protection but I think that I would like a bit more side protection. Has definitely saved my ribs more than once though! :face-icon-small-coo

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I picked up a Stella Body Armor from Alpinestar. It's for the "dirt" side of the powersports world, but actually fits in my Klim Jacket. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT. The Armor is comfy, doesn't move or cause irriation, even when I had sweaty days on my bike! I went with this style because of my size of "ladies." It comes with the removeable spine support/kidney belt. Also has elbow and shoulder guards, which I have personally tested, and walked away from! Hopefully this helps!!

I agree! And love my Alpinestars Women's Stella Bionic 2 Protection Jacket! It is awesome. This is the one all the ladies should wear when they sled!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352914578.968516.jpg

W

Woops!

Mar 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Gotta say I've worn the roost guards and the six six one and while the six six one was pretty comfortable, it was still bulky (shoulders) under my jacket and I did not feel like it afforded protection for my kidneys and lower ribs. I got a Klim Tek Vest online and love it! It does fit under my warmer jacket, but I wear it on the outside of my lighter jacket most of the time and it allows more freedom of movement than any of the other ones I've tried, and a bonus is that the shoulder area makes it so that I don't even Feel my backpack... just my 2 cents
\

Premium Features