• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

174" Camo Extreme on an APEX

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
What is needed to run a 16" x 174" x 2.5" Camo Extreme on an APEX?? List what is needed and where to get it. :) Would like to do this for around $800-$1000, so new tunnel not an option.

I am assuming rail extensions, drivers and tunnel extension.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
depends on what you have...if you are with a 162" you will need rail extensions, and a track...that is about it...

give the boys at Oft Racing a call, they will hook you up...I am doing the same thing...

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
It is a 162" now. The tunnel is long enough for a 174"??

Found the Oft Racing website, nice extensions!!

I forgot the APEX has a 3" pitch track. Will the 2.5" Camo Extreme fit without any clearence issues??

Last edited:

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
It is a 162" now. The tunnel is long enough for a 174"??

Found the Oft Racing website, nice extensions!!

I forgot the APEX has a 3" pitch track. Will the 2.5" Camo Extreme fit without any clearence issues??
No clearance issues. Use the 7 tooth Avids.

mutley531

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton, UT
The Apex comes stock with 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers, but the Avid drivers are slightly smaller in diameter which gives a little more clearance and are supposed to run smoother, especially with the 2.5" track. Stock drivers will work fine, but you need to make sure your track is not too loose and you may experience some vibration.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
I called Tracks USA - I bought the track and they included the extentions for free.

I bought the 174" 16" 2.5" camo extreme.

Did not extend the tunnel, it floats like crazy, the only draw back is the tunnel does not hit when a normal tunnel would to stop you from going over backwards in a wheelie. It still hits but you are just about to go over when it does.

Hope this helps.

Next thing I am considering for free --- take my stock rails with the extentions off and straiten them on a press. This will make a big diffenence climbing to keep more track on the snow, wheelies look good but they do not look as good as going over the top!!

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Ice age has a replacement 174 rail for the stock skid. Can be updated later to the Baker M10 or Timbersled.

bigrhett

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, UT
What is needed to run a 16" x 174" x 2.5" Camo Extreme on an APEX?? List what is needed and where to get it. :) Would like to do this for around $800-$1000, so new tunnel not an option.

I am assuming rail extensions, drivers and tunnel extension.

All you really need is the track and the extensions...that's it. I got the MPI extensions for stock wheels (like 90ish bucks) and the track.

Now, you have to run it tight or you'll trash the stock drivers, but I got about 700 boosted miles (16-18 psi boondocker) last season and they made it through.

This year, I'm going to an M10 'cause it kept coming over on me and I will get the avid drivers too.

You could also grab the new Apex (or Nytro) flap that is slightly shorter and stiffer so that it won't get wrapped over the longer track. It's about $25 at the dealer

Premium Features