• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Apex mtn mod it or go with 2008 M1000

F
Nov 27, 2007
Ok here it is, I have had this sled for 2 seasons, I am not happy on the hill climb area. I am considering selling it for a 08 M1000 dealer hold over.

I changed the track out to a maverick 2.5 extreme and If I keep it I will to change my top gear to a t19 (as sugg from nother snowester)

What clutch kits work well for the apex and What are the choices for an exhaust that will increase perf. but isnt so loud that i will be ticketed for noise?

Any other performance mods?

My cousin has a 06 and him an I are fairly close in climb height with him weighing about 120lbs less than I. neither one of us can come close to the 800 2 smokes.

A

Aussie Niko

Have you dropped weight from it?? Exhaust pipe I'm using is a under tunnel yoshi rs-3 R1 pipe with stock gears and a hartman clutch. Big difference in power out put.
You need to get as much weight out of it to make it out climb lighter 2 strokes.

Seat, pipe, suspension, light pod.

niko.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I have done most everything you can do short of the turbo/blower, took of 96 pounds,174 camo run 18/43 gears,timbersled front and rear,boss,undertunnel exh. ect ect ect....and I love my sled but unless U go with f/I of some type forget the big climbs...its just plain power to weight..my 2 smoke mountain sled (polaris,full custom) weighs 425 wet ready to ride and makes 215 hp.. or about 2 lbs per hp,the apex mtx would need as least 300+ hp to be equal, and thats my "light" apex... just the facts about the sleds is all so a full weight apex with a 300 hp turbo will (and does) have problems with my light 2 smoke.
So if u will have to get ur apex to 240 so hp to run with a m1000..cause u slap a pipe and fuel on a m and u have 190 of so.:beer;:beer;

remember power to weight is the bottom line....oh and yes I have a ton of money in the 2 stroke btw..carbon fibre is expensive...hahaha

Premium Features