• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat M7 reverse (video!)

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
As mentioned cost would be a huge factor. I assume you're using the 07/08 gearcase and manually moving the shift lever? It would be nice to score a cheap m7 and have it for a spare sled. But cheap is the operational word

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
As mentioned cost would be a huge factor. I assume you're using the 07/08 gearcase and manually moving the shift lever? It would be nice to score a cheap m7 and have it for a spare sled. But cheap is the operational word

No, it is electronic reverse. Stock diamond drive.
I'm aiming for about $300, which will include a reverse secondary helix

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
I should add that if you are not familiar with electronic reverse, the motor is running backwards. I have yet to figure out oil system requirements but if the oil pump doesn't function in reverse it will be either limited to premix sleds or have a built in timer to limit time spent in reverse.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
I have 2 sleds I'd put it on for $300.

Would you have to change clutching? I have RKT clutch kit on one sled pretty sure it is capable of reverse.

No idea. As long as the secondary doesn't open in reverse it should work. Stock secondaries will need a helix with the reverse cut in it, like 09+ m8's.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The RKT kits don't work spectacularly well in reverse. Especially the older ones. I supposedly got his newer updated helix and spring for my m1000 and it worked about 85% of the time depending on what kind of surface you were on. I like the way my RKT clutch works on my M7 otherwise so i probably won't be adding the reverse. If I was still running the stock secondary setup I would be in for $300.

Last edited:

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I'd be in for $300. It would make keeping my M7 for the kids a LOT easier decision to make!

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Do you need commitments from XX number of people before proceeding?

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I don't know if it's possible but I wonder if your electronics would work on a Sno Pro 500??? That might be a good market also.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Oil pump doesn't pump in reverse on those sleds.

I keep hearing this so I'm going to pull mine and test it.
Worst case, non premix sleds can probably just be limited to time spent in reverse(with a disclaimer!) Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I keep hearing this so I'm going to pull mine and test it.

Worst case, non premix sleds can probably just be limited to time spent in reverse(with a disclaimer!) Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Yes. Even if it flows at a reduced rate should still be fine for temporary use. The stock pump at full flow on a 09+sled at idle is a slow drip. I've tested that a few times

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
It wouldn't do something destructive like put air bubbles in the lines would it?

Premium Features