• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Converting 2012 XP to an XM

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
It looks like I'm picking up a 2012 summit x, E tec 163" with 650 miles for 8k. I have a couple questions:

1. T motion skid w/o flex edge track... how much improvement will this provide?
2. Has anyone tried breaking the fiberglass rod ends to "make" there own flex edge track?
3. Would a 12 xp benefit from a post relocation? If so, how much does this change the handling characteristics?
4. Do the 12 running boards need opening up? I had Airframe boards on my 10 and loved it.

Thanks for any info!

T
Aug 8, 2011
IMO the tmotion provides the bulk of the gain between the track vs tmotion. A solid improvement for sure.
I have not tried the lug breaking but the concept looks good. I'll be running it on a 3 inch this spring to see how it does.
A post forward kit helps the xp handle a lot better. C3 builds a nice kit, I build some as well. A real improvement and I personally prefer where the kitted xp post is vs my xm.
Running boards are the same between 10 and 12. Xp chassis can use a better clearing board for sure. A stiff tube frame board also gets a solid gain from not having the board flex as bad as stock. Th flex action hurts how the sled reacts to your input.

DeadSkunk93

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2012
Redfield, SD
I do not know from expierience but from previous threads i have read about it (and it makes sense) that the track will start to self destruct itself because of all the small fiberglass pieces from you breaking it, from creating a "flex-edge" track.

Premium Features