• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat 2012

How will Cat get your money in 2012... or will they?

• Total voters

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
what i think we are going to see is that arctic cat, now that they are building their own motors, will have built a motor for a chassis, that chassis being one very similar to the sno pro. and to me it is a cardinal sin of any recreational vehicle manufacturer to introduce a new motor in a new chassis in the same year. it may be a cool chassis and a cool motor, but definately something that i think the "never buy a first year model" rule applies to more so than almost anything else because of the element of a completely new sled in both the motor and chassis. 2012 may be a big year for cat in terms of an upgrade but i think 2013 will be a big year for their sales if the thing holds up.
I agree I hope they dont rush like polaris does!!! the Ms been out for 7 years now and polaris finally caught up ,,not passed ,, so I guess its time for the next evolution for the nest 7 years again,, hope polaris has a lot of tunnel glue LOL:face-icon-small-hap

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Im thinking twinspar face lift.

Hope the Ms are a little different. But pic might not be doing any justice. Might be completely different sitting in from of you

Cats2012.jpg

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
The 2 sleds look different to me as well. One has a TSL and one does not. The lead sled looks like it has a taller lug and maybe sightly longer. Crossfire? Neither one appears to have a rear cam spring suspension either.

If the lead sled is a crossfire, expect the M to follow suit.

New skis as well.

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
pics

i do appreciate all the spy photos as possible....but seriously... would it of hurt to get off your azz and get out of the truck for some close ups....its not like those two dudes are gonna beat you up...give me a break

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
To me we see F series at left and CF at right. So they are rebuilding all models except utility models? This may be really good move for the trail sleds. M-series is one I'm worried about... hopefully it's not another XP.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I moved to Cat because of their handling. Got a great motor too.

I trust THAT part and will put my money down without a demo. I can catch and fix the little first year stuff that will add weight the next year.

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Looks like there is a bunch of cardboard duct taped to the body work to disguise the actual final look to the sled. Spy pictures of disguised prototypes are cool but usually they are not the final product.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I want a new sled so bad that ive actually considered buying a pro. I voted to ride it first, but my better judgment will probably get the best of my checkbook.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Looks like Cat like the press on these images... They have not been removed from any site I have seen other than Achat yesterday.

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
Love the wind break thing, oh I mean windshield, now i can go really fast without my head ripping off. Thanks Cat!!!

Premium Features