• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat 2012

How will Cat get your money in 2012... or will they?

• Total voters

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Buying decisions. The green blooded folks already have the check made out for their 2012. Some want to see what the offering is and then write the check. Others will want to ride it first or even give it a season before purchasing....
I was looking for an improved - same type of handling sled as the M. If it handles like a 1M, I will keep my M.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Really looking forward to getting a production sled, tearing it completely apart, changing everything and rippin it up!

I have lied to myself for the last 4 years and said I was just gonna get a stocker and leave it alone, so next year I am not even pretending:face-icon-small-hap

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Once you ride the new mountain sleds from cat your M will feel as outdated as the 1M does to you today.....

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
Keeping my 2011 M8 for sure. But an upgrade is needed on my wife's crossfire. So do i go to an '10 or "11 Crossfire, or a '12 whatever it is called. Or get her an M? Ahhh.... Decisions!

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
They need to get them out to the customers for demos if they want people to lay down the money. I will buy one if I can get a little seat time. I know they don't want to kill the dealers with old inventory that they cant sell but I want at least a day on one before I buy. If I cant ride it I will wait a year, if I like it I will buy.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I hope it's totally and radically different.
My dad is on the fence of a new cat or picking up a used Pro for next season, I want Cat to come out with something WAY different so I can pick up a used 2010 or 2011 or a holdover for dirt cheap! Then I can turbo it for the same price as a new stocker.....that's the plan, we'll see just how different they are.

S
Nov 29, 2009
what i think we are going to see is that arctic cat, now that they are building their own motors, will have built a motor for a chassis, that chassis being one very similar to the sno pro. and to me it is a cardinal sin of any recreational vehicle manufacturer to introduce a new motor in a new chassis in the same year. it may be a cool chassis and a cool motor, but definately something that i think the "never buy a first year model" rule applies to more so than almost anything else because of the element of a completely new sled in both the motor and chassis. 2012 may be a big year for cat in terms of an upgrade but i think 2013 will be a big year for their sales if the thing holds up.

Thanks for the correction guys, you are right it is 2014... i misread. either way idk if i would buy a 2012 or a 2014 then...so i still say that 2013 will be a big year for cat. Unless ski-doo goes big, which there is speculation of a new chassis 2013 or 2014.

Last edited:
M

M8TDAVE

Nov 30, 2007
Airdrie, Alberta
I sold my sled at the beginning of the winter last year. I've been sitting on my fat a** the last three seasons and next year will have a lot of time that I will be able to get back into the game. I will be buying a 2012, hope to get it early so I can start adding and taking away parts. Going to be a long summer.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I have bought one every year, 10 years in a row, so this year ..................I guess I will buy again

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
As somebody who snowchecked an 07 m8, I definatly have to think twice about buying a 1st year sled again. I will wait until Feb and if reports are good, im on board.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
As someone who snowchecked a Powder Extreme................let's just say I have some experience in the disappointment arena and hope only sunny skies are ahead for us Cat guys.:lol:

Premium Features