• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx M-series Supercharger

A
Jan 16, 2008
http://sledhead24-7.com/
check out the video Sledhead24/7 @ Speedwerx. it's the 9th one down i think. they don't go into any detail but they show a picutre of an M-series wheeling all over the place and the guy said they are "developing a supercharger for the M -series". i tried to search for other info on tis but couldn't find any. stay tuned i guess

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
ttt

Are the superchargers going to be as efficient as the turbos at elevation. Or will they lose power like a N/A sled does at elevation.
So basically would a supercharger and turbo be just as good at elevation?

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Are the superchargers going to be as efficient as the turbos at elevation. Or will they lose power like a N/A sled does at elevation.
So basically would a supercharger and turbo be just as good at elevation?

It sholdn't be....NA sleds are just that, NA. Being that a supercharger has "forced" induction, elevation shouldn't be as much of an issue as on an NA sled.

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
ttt

Any more info on this "RIPCHARGER" deal?!?!

This thing is just TO COOL not to be discused on an hourly basis.:face-icon-small-coo

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Any more info on this "RIPCHARGER" deal?!?!

This thing is just TO COOL not to be discused on an hourly basis.:face-icon-small-coo

They sent me this email when I asked about one for use in AK.

We are working on it.

We are a bit behind due to some unforseen manufacturing issues, but hope to still have something late thids season, but for sure next.

Jason

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I have a super charger on my 28'fishing boat, as well as a turbo, and those things rock, it works on my bottom end untill the turbo is spooled up enough to take over. I can turn it of, and the difference is huge on the bottom end.. Engine is a volvo kad 44.. I know its not a sled but point is, instant bottom end, lite weight, and simple....

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
It sholdn't be....NA sleds are just that, NA. Being that a supercharger has "forced" induction, elevation shouldn't be as much of an issue as on an NA sled.

Possibly, im not sure if these have a blow off valve or something but being that the motor is turning the belt turning the supercharger you adjust the psi by the pulley on the supercharger. So saying that..... with less air density you would need to change your pulley for more psi for the same HP

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Absolutely correct. Boost is boost, and you adjust the boost on a supercharger by changing the pulley ratios. You can only make boost based on the charger rpm. You have instant boost, even at idle it is building boost. It is gonna be a great boondocking sled!

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
The reason turbos can pretty much maintain performance at altitude is that the boost or manifold pressure is controlled by a wastegate. The wastegate is largley controlled by a spring under a diaphram, one side of the diaphram is exposed to manifold pressure the other is open to the atmosphere. When boost gets to a pressure that compresses the spring the waste gate opens and bleeds exhaust off by-passing the turbo. So as the air gets less dense as you climb the turbo spins faster compressing the thinner air till the spring sees the same pressure in the manifold and opens the waste gate. Sorry if this is unclear, but it was the best I can do. There are lots of things that will effect the above, if your turbo can't flow enough air, exhaust too restrictive, etc but this is the basic principle. Hope it helps.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
saw this set up yesterday at their shop.

was the prototype but it looks nice, the whole thing is on the mag side like a turbo
as it was explained to me , it can produce the same HP with half the pressure of a turbo. i liked the sound of that ,, ie pump gas .. there was some interesting mods done to accommodate the location of the supercharger but nothing drastic or permanent if you wanted to take it off for whatever reason, they also had this tuned with a PCV for best mapping control
the supercharger itself looked sharp , and the mount for it was all billet/ machined
i dont know all the components in a turbo kit , but i think this did have a boV and the air intake looked like a turbo type , but it was located closer to the front of the sled where the existing airbox is.

i guess the throttle response is right now~! .. so no lag or nothin ,,. and it was said they have been working on this for a long time.
from what i saw i would choose this over a turbo ,, although i haven't run a turbo . but i liked what i heard about the supercharger
looks like 5000$ , but that includes everything but a boost gauge i think ,,

Last edited:
M

mr p-j

Feb 17, 2008
does anyone any idéa how they solved the problems whit blowby in the engine whit the supercharger?

on a turbo the exhaust preasure rise in the same rate as the boostpreasure and stops the fresh gases from blowing straigt out in the exhaust.

but what stoping the boost from blowing out whit the supercharger?
new special exhaust pipe or what?

Premium Features