• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GEO/ELVIS update#2 (New setup specs)

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
Questions
-Does the rear skid rebound worse, as good, or better, than stock when preloading for big jumps? I ask this because I find that if you lower the pressure to less than 120 psi, the rebound starts to suffer if you're doing any big jumps in stock form. It just doesn't rebound as fast or hard enough with lower psi.

-Can you clear a 2.5" track after the mod?

-Does it take big landings worse, as good, or better than stock?

-Is it easier to "loft" the front end. Wheelies and gnarly chuck norris turnouts make for a fun day!

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
ttt. Also wondering this...

I am not the huge jumping rider, I like steep trees sidehilling etc so I might not know this for sure.
But with goe/elvis mod all your doing is standing the shock more upright than stock, allowing the psi to be cut by 1/3 or more. When you land a big hit in the stock set up at 145 psi that shock builds like 3000 psi making it really stiff
At 95 psi at landing its going to give a lot more and land softer? You could still not bottom out with that psi.
So my opin is it would take big landings better and more comfortably

M

mtn_rider08

Dec 17, 2007
Prineville, OR
I don't have enough miles on my sled yet to know weather I like the rear suspension or not. If I do not like it, I will be setting it up like you have it.

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
Hi guys?
I did this mod on my m8 the other day, but haven`t had the change to test it yet.
How has it worked out for you guys?

I did the geo mod and also dropped to lower hole on front. But are having second thougths about this.

Should I keep it in the lower hole on the front????

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Elvis advised me to move mine back to the middle hole.

Apparently there is a lot of noise from the rail tips hitting the track.

Perhaps he will share more?

K
May 10, 2009
Calgary, AB
What is the new measurements from front arm to rear bolt?

The reason I ask is alot of people have put this skid under different machines. I have this skid under my yamaha rx1 and the transfer is terrible. The weight saving has to be 35 pounds from the stock skid.

Last edited:
F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I don't have any noise in the bottem hole with my anti stab. Popps right up on top of the snow even if it is over the hood when I stop. I love this setup on my 09 skid in my M7.

Pulled right out of this hole:

IMG_20101228_131810.jpg

sniper

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2010
Washington
Did the Geo/Elvis mod but would like more info on moving to the lower scissor mount hole? Does it rub or what? Any updates now that the snow has come?

F

firefighter*17

Jan 27, 2010
Geo/Elvis Mod

Can this mod be done on a 2007 M8 153" skid? If so, does anyone out there have pictures of the mod on a 2007? What are the necessary step and measurements for a 2007 M8?
Thanks in advance!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I may be mistaken but, on the 05-07 M series you just drill the mount hole on the rails for the for the large coiled spring (with the long arms that fit into the triangular adjustment block) back 1" to 1.5" behind where the stock hole is on the rail. I went 1".

Also, make sure you use the Holz relocation brackets with this mod to make it just that much better.

sniper

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2010
Washington
Firefighter*17 try looking here. I did my 07 a while ago with the geo mod, but now I have a 2010. Hope it helps

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Only thing that helps an 07 is a revalve. Worst stack ever.

Then do the spring relocate if you want more transfer.

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I have been swapping between my 05 M7 with the 09 skid Geo/Elvis stock valving, 100 psi (175 pound rider) and my girlfirends 2011 HCR with the skid in the upper location out back, 100 psi, and the front coil showing 8 threads in center location and I flat out would rather ride my old M7 than the 2011 HCR because my sled gets on top soo much better. I have the 80 duro track and hers has the 85 so that might help me too. The HCR just gets going kinda pushing its way up while my sled jumps up. It is quite a lot easier to turn my sled in powder with less weight on the skis. It lays over in a carve really nice. Best thing I have done to my sled. I will be fixing the HCR when I have time. Here is a video from this weekend. It shows hows easy it is to fly the skis and lays it over. Sorry it is kinda flat terrain but it works just as good going up hill.

It is easy to see the different in skid angle with both up on the sled deck. The HCR hangs the end of the track lower off the back compared to mine.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v436/racerboypete/?action=view&current=Powder.mp4

D
Dec 28, 2009
If I just do the spring relocate and do not revalve on my 07 will I see any more transfer? Is the spring relocate 1 inch straight back and 1inch down?

Premium Features