• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Apex MTX would not idle?

T
Mar 1, 2010
Sled is stock and has run flawless up until last weekend. It ran great all the way up the mountain. (7800 elev. in Wa this is pretty close to the top) Made some climbs and played in the freshies all morning. The the sun came out, temperature went up and the snow got heavy. During the afternoon sled started to feel sluggish (could have been the snow) but then if i let off the throttle it would die on descents. (not fun) No lights on the dash, it would just quit. started fine and would run with some throttle. On the ride out steam was rolling out from under hood and bars. (I have always gotten some steam on powder days but this seemed excessive)

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Think it was just getting to warm?

M
Feb 27, 2010
I have an acquaintance that has an Apex that he buried the front end and packed it with snow. He got the wiring connection in the nose wet and it was running bad and giving him error codes.

You might pull the wire connectors apart and dry them out. Light powder usually melt out ot blows out easily. The heavier wet stuff tends to pack in and soak things.

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
You need to test your TPS (Throttle positioning sensor). I can't remember for sure how to put the sled in DIS mode but I know you turn the key off, hold two of the three buttons in the gauge pod. Then turn the key on,(don't start it just on) then it will put it in DIS mode. go to mode 1 and there will be a number showing. This number should be between 15-18 then push the throttle, the number will climb. At full throttle it should be at 95-100. I bet this is your problem. it happen to mine this last year. Ran bad and wouldn't idel right.

Premium Features