• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Incredible New Sled!

M
Feb 21, 2010
Just returned late last night from a ride on the new Polaris sleds we've all been waiting to see just how cool they really are. And after 2 hours of pounding this sick new ride, I was amazed at how they could improve on the Dragon I just switched to this year! WOW, everything is better! It rides down the trail like nothing before, it hooks up almost like my 163, (although they wouldn't say anything, they better have that as an option) it could sidehill with such ease you wonder if you're on a sled or a dirt bike. Then the elimination of flex with the way they've designed it, blows you away the first time you wait to get swallowed up in one of those downhill trenches and this baby glides on through like an animal.

They kept pretty tight lipped about he engine, but it was solid! I had switched a few years ago to Skidoo and still have my XP as I love the light weight, hated the breaking something everytime I ride, and the rider postion is more like a bike. This new light weight means my wife is not going to be happy when I sell off the others and switch to this new ride that will change everything! I also hope they have some cool colors as the red and black wasn't my favorite. Then again, a wrap can fix that so now it's like knowing what you're getting for christmas a year early! Can't wait!

Last edited:
J
Mar 19, 2008
I couldn't agree more. I also spent about 3 hours on the pro rmk yesterday in island park. I was expecting a big improvement, but that sled blew my expectations away. Not only is it extremely light, it feels just as light as it is. Motor was flawless all day long. They were running 2 grams heavier weights than i have in my 2010 dragon, and i was hitting 8250-8300 with ease.
There will not be much competition for this sled next year. Bring on the 163 at 438 lbs.

J
Mar 19, 2008
The only sleds they had there in the pro chassis were the 155 800's. It would be cool to see both a 6 and a 7 in that chassis though. A 440 lb. 700 turbo might be kind of fun.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I'm curious if you guys have ridden an IQ with a Holz rear under it. I'm interested to get a look at the new sled to see just how closely they have come to copying Holz's coil over.

sled_guy

Premium Features