• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 artic cat release ???

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)
W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
I think the dealer show in Vegas is scheduled for the weekend of the 27th, does anyone know where they hold it? I will be in Vegas that weekend.

Veagas feb 26-28 is the nascar weekend, cant see anyone trying to compeat wish nascar in veagas.Hotels are twice the going rate and are booked 6 months in advanced.And booked solid.Mabey its the next weekend after the race.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Veagas feb 26-28 is the nascar weekend, cant see anyone trying to compeat wish nascar in veagas.Hotels are twice the going rate and are booked 6 months in advanced.And booked solid.Mabey its the next weekend after the race.

It is the same weekend as Nascar, gonna be there can't wait:face-icon-small-hap

L
Dec 13, 2008
I hope they stay with the m chassis, but they need to improve the ride in the rear skid. as far as more light weight that would be nice, would rather be heavier than having the chassis breaking apart. m1200 or HO m1000 every one would be screeming that their belts are blowing apart at 150 miles instead of 300 miles like on the m1000 and as for the dimond drive sounds like some people would rather go back to the jack shaft and chain case I see alot of chain cases an chains break also.

Last edited:
U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
i dont know what you are all complaining about my last 2 sleds a t apex and a t nytro I love my 2010 m8 on the trail its as good as my dragon , apex and way better than my nytro. maybe its the seat???

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
i dont know what you are all complaining about my last 2 sleds a t apex and a t nytro I love my 2010 m8 on the trail its as good as my dragon , apex and way better than my nytro. maybe its the seat???

I totally agree- I can rail the trail on my M8

B

bigtwin

Jan 16, 2008
I really hope that the Arctic comes out with a new mountain chassis next year.
I'm getting tired of the M series now. YES I know that the M series is super in the mountains / Boondocking
Have had several m series since it came out in 2005. And I have driven Arctic Cat since 1998 and changed models with maximum two-year intervals.
But now I start really thinking about switching to the new RMK PRO, it looks really good.
Is there anyone else who thinks the same as me? Or should I just keep myself to the Arctic?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Go from cat to poo U R NUTS!!!!

I was a die hard poo fan since 1997 I have bought 14 new polaris sleds for me and the wife since then. I jumped to cat last year and now have 2 cats. I will not be going back to poo untill they can prove to me that they can build a motor bigger than a 700cc that will stay together. Hell there 550 fan is a piston eating monster the dealer here in town does a couple every season. The only motor that poo builds that is any good is there 600. My daughter is riding what was my wife's 2004 600 vert escape with 4500 miles on it. I have over a 1000 miles on my 09 M8 and 0 issues, my last poo was a $10,000 07 700 dragon it had 3 recalls to make it run right and that still didn't solve the crappy shock problem that poo puts on them.
I use to be one of the sheep that would belive what the poo BS media machine would put out every year but learned my lesson. Ask all the 900 owners, 800 dragon owners, 550 fan owners how reliable there machines are and what they are worth now. This is my .02

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I personally don't see how you could improve upon the Ms off trail handling.

I love my M but I would like to see some improvements.

1.) Give us a rear suspension that rides descent on the trail

2.) Hate the secondary clutch. Pain to work on and have doubts about how well it works.

3.) Fit, finish and quality improvements. Would like to see Yamaha quality. However my 09 sure is put together a lot better then an 05 though.

4.) Weight can almost always be reduced

Although you can't complain when with the excellent power, great handling and the best dependability of the two strokes.

All that being said I would like to ride the new Polaris.

Premium Features