• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumors on 2011 Sled

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I can't see the new sno-pro being fit for a mountain sled. The style seems to be similar to the current F-sled. If you have ever tried carving or sidehilling with an F it doesn't work. The skis are both meant to be on the ground. I agree the M is one of the best mtn chassis around. Not sure if they will change things next year or not:present:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I've ridden a sno pro that was long tracked to a 144 and had a 7-800bb in it. Gotta say it was an awesome ride. It definitely had its ups and downs though. For a production mtn sled it would need the a-arms narrowed and the spindle geometry changed as it was somewhat difficult to pull over. Another thing that struck me was that the belly pan isn't really made to aid in the flotation of the sled. I wonder if people realize how much float the bottom of the sled gives you. I don't totally agree with the footwell issue though as I thought the rider position was the probably the sleds strongest point. However if your refering to them dragging in the snow a little I can say that with a belly pan redesign that would probably be cured. Just a little insight.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I rode with a guy last year at Tog who was on a new Cat 600 race sled. It absolutely sucked anytime we were in some decent powder. Granted, it was not a longtack, and the attack angle sucked, but, my brothers 04 MXZ 600sdi did better out there than the cat did.

Whatever they come out with, it is going to be hard to beat the current chassis.:beer;

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I think the bulkhead will stay, they don't have to meet emissions tell after 2012 so they will work on the motor but keep it going while they can. the biggest things to change I think will be clutching. We are not far off from going to controlling the clutching with hydrolic's, or servo motors with electrically computerized sensors.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
A friend of a friend of mine told me of huge changes for 2011 but he told me that if i told anyone he would have to kill me. I am sorry!!! But i am sure the m will be a awesome sled again next year.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Becareful what you wish for...............

A new chassis will probably need to accomodate a fourstroke. This might be a step backwards for two-stroke lovers by being a bit heavier. I'm sure as time goes on it will be a good thing, but like the 1-M's and the M's, they will take time to perfect it. I would suggest getting a "09 or '10 M-8 and have fun with it for a few years.
That being said, I'd hope that they will offer a turbo mountian sled.

For others......

Owen

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
^^^^^ WOW!!!! That looks like some kind of new space aged seat material. I hope its not a patent infringement on any of Boss seat technology. :D

J
Oct 20, 2009
Anchorage
i heard that all the race sleds had to be based of of a current production chassie thats why polaris came out with the iq "race replica" and cat has the sno pro 500

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
i heard that all the race sleds had to be based off of a current production chassie thats why polaris came out with the iq "race replica" and cat has the sno pro 500

You are correct on this its the same reason that they came out with the HCR sleds as well, the race sleds need to be based off of production.

Premium Features