• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 rmk 800 turbo

Jan 23, 2009
i have a 2003 rmk 800 and i was wondering if its possible to turbo it. i have been looking all over the internet trying to find a kit but im not havin any luck so any help would great

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Yes you can turbo it. I doubt if anyone makes any kit for it though. Check with some of the guys that are building kits for the newer rigs, they may know who to send you to.

Product tester, Snow JW, I know there are others but those are on the top of my head.

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
I can help if you want. I don't have the jigs anymore but i can get you an air box and help with the specs. these sleds ran good with boost. I had one and it rocked also get a hold of my little bro. he may have some stuff kicking around he is bad oscar customs on the forum.

P

powderman800

Jan 28, 2008
Kennewick, WA
Pump gas?!?!

I don't think pump gas would be an option, plus whats the fun in going through the hassle of building a turbo just to run low boost numbers? A turbo for these old sleds would be killer with all the turbo expierence everyone is gaining it would be an easy thing to do, but the flip side is putting a $6000 turbo kit on a sled thats worth $3500-$5500 dosen't seem smart. My .02.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i dont really see why it would have to cost 6k? if you have fabbing skills i bet you could do it for ~2500 using new parts

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
I don't think pump gas would be an option, plus whats the fun in going through the hassle of building a turbo just to run low boost numbers? A turbo for these old sleds would be killer with all the turbo expierence everyone is gaining it would be an easy thing to do, but the flip side is putting a $6000 turbo kit on a sled thats worth $3500-$5500 dosen't seem smart. My .02.
Limited availability of race gas...

B
Nov 26, 2007
Turbo for your 03 800.

I can build you up a kit or get you parts. would be very easy to run pump gas and have the option of turning it up when you do have some good race gas. These sleds worked very well with boost and were very fast. I also have an 04 800 rmk right now with a kit on it for sale for 5500.00 complete sled, if you might be intrested.

Also have the option of a few used kits.

Please let me know if I can help!

i have a 910 carls in an 800 rmk edge chassis. i have a turbo, but i dont know if the high compression of the carls would respond well to boost (i.e detonation) i have a detonation sensor. how much carb mod would be necessary, and would you recommend the turbo to be before or after the pipe

B
Nov 26, 2007
i have a 910 carls in an 800 rmk edge chassis. i have a turbo, but i dont know if the high compression of the carls would respond well to boost (i.e detonation) i have a detonation sensor. how much carb mod would be necessary, and would you recommend the turbo to be before or after the pipe

The Carls motor would work with some tunning and patience. I will say that I have not had good luck with big bore motors and boost in the past, but have made a few work. They spool the turbo super fast because of the torque but power on top is about the same as a stock motor.The large bore and high comp. is more prone to detonation so you would prob have to lower the compression (11 or 12-1)so you do not have that as a problem. Then by doing that you run into the port timing to crazy so the torque goes away and drivability goes away. The carbs require alot of mods to make a carb turbo work. You need to run the turbo after the pipe not before.

Premium Features