• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vanamburg Boondock matched wit stock tunnel

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
That M7 that slediot posted is sick as F!!! And this is comin' from a Polaris guy. Whoever built this should pat themselves on the back. Very nice looking!

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Van Amburg Bumper

Ditch1000 can you post some pictures? I'm think of doing the same thing.

Who is the best person to buy Van Amburg bumpers from at reduced cost? Or just order directly from Van Amburg?

Hope the pics are there. Emailed you as well. Like I said still some work left to do but you get the idea.

Last edited:

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
So do most guys run the stock cooler? Or buy the flat one? if a guy was to buy the rear tunnel ext could you use your stock cooler or do you need a new one?

K

Klimbing Kitty

nice looking machine.....
can you tell me about that windscreen?? ive seen the itty bitty ones, but never seen the spidery looking one like that...too cool!!!
is its an oem cat windshield??
lemme know! - i love it!

Thanks!

I think it bought it through a shop called the Cat Shack in Chetwynn BC Canada but he will chime in I am sure and tell you where

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
:beer;:beer;
It looks awesome! I dont have pictures of my M8 with it installed, but it looks sweet. The cost is a little bit more, but less than a boondock tunnel and a million times better then a BDX crack apart. The welding and craftsmanship on the VE is amazing. Great material very strong. No questions of strength. Pull your buddies out of the woods with out any worries. I am a happy VE customer
Picture200011.jpg

Here is what it looks like when it comes. I bought the running board edges too. I had a bunch of stuff powder coated I will post later.
img1242699802918.jpg

Nice picture of MY sled. For those of you who want to do this I reccomend having the no snows custom made. I asked him to mace them 3' longer and 3" taller for better strenght and longevity. It was JVS sheetmetal..

Right now I have 1 1/2 seasons on it and it's tough.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Parts

You can just use the 05-08 VEI bumper and use the 09 Arctic Cat gusset/tunnel rolls. They're only $15 each instead of shelling out for new running board edges.

Last edited:
M
Jul 8, 2009
Ogden, UT
Spook- Is this the combonation of the Van Amburg "back half of the boondocker tunnel" and "tunnel edges and foot rest"? The picture on the Van Amburg website just does not look like your picture.

also. What two wheel kit are you running on your M7?

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
09 Gussets

Ok, But will the 09 Gussets fit in the 08 Roll? Or do I need both?

The 09 gussets will fit the 08 edgeroll. It takes some fitting, but all you have to do is cut the running board and edgeroll along the line with the edge of the running board brackets below the running board. You have to drill out the last 2 rivets on the bottom of the running board edge. You then take a pry bar and pry the section of the running board edge out that is tapered in; you have to pry it out about 1/2". You can then rivet on the gusset to the edge roll and rivet it to the tunnel and then drill and rivet the edge roll back to the running board. I used 1 rivet instead ot 2 on it.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Question- Have an 06 M7...On the rear half tunnel from VEI, for the removal, do you just grind off the rivet heads and/or just drill them out where the stock extension is riveted on or is there extra cutting that needs to be done to remove the stock section?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
So who's gussets are better the only two I know of are Arctic Cat and BDX, are there others? I will be putting them on my 08 M1000 with the VE bumper conversion.

IMO. The BDX gussets are better looking! BLING! But the Cat gussets are more functional. They are smaller / thinner and dont hold as much snow on the board as the BDX do.:beer;

Oh and the BDX cost $125-130 and the Cats cost $35!:eek:

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Spook- Is this the combonation of the Van Amburg "back half of the boondocker tunnel" and "tunnel edges and foot rest"? The picture on the Van Amburg website just does not look like your picture.

also. What two wheel kit are you running on your M7?

It is the same new tail section VE has posted. I had JVS sheetmetal hand make the floor rest's due to the fact that I removed all the cat stock tunnel crap and replaced it with the VE system. The rear section was made from the old edging from the original Cat tunnel. Again Looks were important and so was strength.

Yes for the most part it is a one of a kind, but now you can buy it without sending specs. to VE. I left the stock rear heat ex. I had to extend the lines with rubber coolant hose.

Make sure before you tear your old one apart you have exact measurements of the upper bracket location. Buy the rivet kit from VE or someplace.

The rear wheel kit is from MMP. The whole rear syaytem is for sale if anybody is interested. It it the Cat race 150 rails. the 09 float suspension. less than 150 miles. PM for details.

Let's ride..:beer;:beer;

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
The only negative I see with the VE bumper is it looks like the handle is right in front of the tail light?

How much does it block it??

I have an 07 with the 09 light and flap.

Premium Features