• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Boards

T
Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
Whats everybody running for Running Boards?

We all know the cat ones are junk, and looking at aftermarket ones for the snowcheck.

I weigh about 250 geared up so want something that will last.

Ive been back and forth between the skinz protubes as well as the bm fab running boards.

Looking for some insight at what works good and lasts.

Thanks Fellas

Z
Dec 7, 2016
Ennis mt
Ive been running bdx boards on may cats since 14 really like the price and haven't had any issues with them. I do have a set of race werx on a Tcat and they are very aggressive n work well to but their costumer service is less then desirable...alpha1.jpg

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Bdx are chinese made junk. Metal isnt strong, and the powdercoated traction is prone to slipping when iced up. Had them on my 15 so have a good understanding of them. BM fab skinny boards are the best. Stout. Better traction and snow clearance. Cat has new boards out similar to polaris boards. They look pretty good. Skinz plastic cleats cause slipping too. And if you use traction screws on the middle web sections on them they can strip out easily since they dont use thick enough material. Also not a fan of skinz business model or customer service.

N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
B&M Fab hands down in my opinion, probably the beefiest part of the sled after installed. I've never ridden a set of boards with so much traction my feet never slip even when I'm wrong foot forward and hit a hole or bump where I think I would normally slide right off. These tube boards with the angle and thickness do you raise you up 1 1/2" so consider a riser to compensate.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
picture.php

I’m running the BDX boards on my Alpha. They are awesome, well made, strong ,shed the snow exceptionally well and lots of traction.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Whats everybody running for Running Boards?

We all know the cat ones are junk

I didn't realize this. been running stock boards without issue for 3 seasons now.
but I would go with bm fab if you're a big guy and worried about strength. I haven't done it yet because they add weight. probably all of them.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I didn't realize this. been running stock boards without issue for 3 seasons now.

but I would go with bm fab if you're a big guy and worried about strength. I haven't done it yet because they add weight. probably all of them.
Agreed.
Since 2014 Cat boards have been fine. No need to replace with heavier boards.

tapatio...

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
I don't see an issue with the cat boards at all. They don't collect snow and seem strong enough for my fat a$$. I just cant see cutting the sides off and riveting something else on, seems cheezy for no other reason than lightening your wallet. :face-icon-small-hap

B

benp

Dec 22, 2007
I have the AC mountain pro boards. I like them a lot. I picked it up that way.

They don’t hurt too bad if things go wrong but they are hungry.

I opened up the thigh bad on my favorite riding pants last weekend when coming out of a cat tail bunch went wrong.

Hold way less snow than the new stock switchback that was riding with us.

I was only one not complaining about snow in running boards.

04A78B87-0405-4007-B89D-9C1809CEFEB9.jpeg 5F93E58E-5ED9-4699-A4A5-8543558AA468.jpeg 219E960D-228A-4164-AC9C-EC2105324A1E.jpeg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I don't see an issue with the cat boards at all. They don't collect snow and seem strong enough for my fat a$$. I just cant see cutting the sides off and riveting something else on, seems cheezy for no other reason than lightening your wallet. :face-icon-small-hap

Bm fab are over an inch higher on the outside edge. So they hang up less in pow and can sidehill steeper. And they are more rigid than stock which helps rider input under your foot.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
you guys must be more of a sensitive flower as the stock boards from my 14 up have never give me issues 215 neked

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Stock boards pack when in wet heavy costal snow, that’s been my experience, if you ride dry inland snow there probably just fine stock.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Bmfab skinny boards. I rode some of the deepest mashed potato snow last December (chest deep 34° western Wa) and never had a traction issue. If you’ve ever had tube boards there is no going back to stock, the traction is one thing but they are also more rigid and responsive, they don’t flex or sag like the stock boards do. I don’t care about the extra 1 or 2 pounds

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I rode a buddies sled who had the AC pro mountain boards and they were pretty impressive. I like the plastic grip blocks they use, grippy but not crazy aggressive. I know some guys do have the BM boards with traction screws and they go through a pair of boots a year.

Premium Features