• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Red neck expert

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Red neck Expert Or Expert red neck

No point shelling out the cash if my 2017 is dialled to be 95% Expert anyway maybe even better. Geared clutched upgrades shocks front end Spindles Heavy Rubbers shimmed skis and of course the full on red neck back end mod:face-icon-small-hap

IMG_4276.jpg IMG_4278.jpg IMG_4279.jpg

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just the Heavy duty bumper from Doo. I like the extra strength for the board rack and abuse I dish out towing , etc.

I did not shorten the tunnel just build a short flap and called it a day Redneck style.

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Red neck Expert Or Expert red neck

No point shelling out the cash if my 2017 is dialled to be 95% Expert anyway maybe even better. Geared clutched upgrades shocks front end Spindles Heavy Rubbers shimmed skis and of course the full on red neck back end mod:face-icon-small-hap

Nice work! What difference do you see with the cut down tunnel from a riding perspective? Better deep snow performance or more just for whips and re-entries? Thanks!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Send a pic from under her dress please.:face-icon-small-hap Did you just cut right to the cooler?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I did not do anything at all to the tunnel.

The track is the 2.6 conquer that is super soft and supper agile. Very fun setup in the trees and carving.

Our snow totally sucks so I have no real good way to give you a good report, but in some of the nasty tree sections with 2 to 3 feet of coarse corn snow ( just like sand ) I can mess up and almost stop or even stop and am able to get going again surprisingly easy. It just seems to make thrust and shoot you out of there instead of loading up the skid.

The Zbros spindles give you less of that bad Doo side to side strange motion and steer easy and hold a sidehill line very nice.

The Heavier and shimmed ski rubber is probably one of my favorit and cheapest mods to keep the ski pointing straight helps to keep momentum by not plowing and hold a sidehill very well.

Like with all mods it is the sum of ingredients dialled in to work together that makes the magic happen. The stiffer valved shocks set for my weight and style are amazing.

The best way to describe the setup is light and playful , it is effortless to ride and spots super fast.

We will head to Alaska beginning of next month and hopefully find better snow to get a better handle on the tracks performance in deep heavy spring stuff that we usually find there.

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
I did not do anything at all to the tunnel.

The track is the 2.6 conquer that is super soft and supper agile. Very fun setup in the trees and carving.

Our snow totally sucks so I have no real good way to give you a good report, but in some of the nasty tree sections with 2 to 3 feet of coarse corn snow ( just like sand ) I can mess up and almost stop or even stop and am able to get going again surprisingly easy. It just seems to make thrust and shoot you out of there instead of loading up the skid.

The Zbros spindles give you less of that bad Doo side to side strange motion and steer easy and hold a sidehill line very nice.

The Heavier and shimmed ski rubber is probably one of my favorit and cheapest mods to keep the ski pointing straight helps to keep momentum by not plowing and hold a sidehill very well.

Like with all mods it is the sum of ingredients dialled in to work together that makes the magic happen. The stiffer valved shocks set for my weight and style are amazing.

The best way to describe the setup is light and playful , it is effortless to ride and spots super fast.

We will head to Alaska beginning of next month and hopefully find better snow to get a better handle on the tracks performance in deep heavy spring stuff that we usually find there.

Looks like ZRP spindles to me not Zbros? Pulling the ski bolt mounting position back 3/8" does make the steering feel a lot better because it moves the pivot point in line with the ball joints in the A arms. Funny everyone keeps asking about the new doo spindles and how they handle like they are something completely new rather that recognizing them as being an exact copy of the ZRP geometry.
I got flamed on the forum last year for touting the improved geometry of these spindles :face-icon-small-hap

revone

Premium Member
Dec 16, 2007
Nice, how did you cut the TUNNEL? Did you take it to a radiator shop? Thanks.

OhioMitch

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2013
Didn't touch the tunnel. Started with a 146x2.5", swapped rails and added a 155×3.25"

Already had the flap cut short before so can't comment there but the extra skid with shorter tunnel certainly does all the things it's claimed to by new Expert package marketing and Burandt's tunnel trimming claims.

Not sure why anyone would go through the trouble of cutting the tunnel when a track and rails on a shorter sled gets you to the same place.

revone

Premium Member
Dec 16, 2007
I think a lot of guys are in the same predicament as me, trailer full of 165 sleds. Of all the luck. Ha.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
Didn't touch the tunnel. Started with a 146x2.5", swapped rails and added a 155×3.25"

Already had the flap cut short before so can't comment there but the extra skid with shorter tunnel certainly does all the things it's claimed to by new Expert package marketing and Burandt's tunnel trimming claims.

Not sure why anyone would go through the trouble of cutting the tunnel when a track and rails on a shorter sled gets you to the same place.

What track and how is it holding up?

OhioMitch

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2013
What track and how is it holding up?

Challenger X3.2

So far so good. Avid 7 tooth drivers and a bit of clearance in the tunnel and it "fits" even without a D+R or T3 case. Haven't gotten clutching dialed yet but it was climbing like a beast even at 7300RPM.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
Challenger X3.2

So far so good. Avid 7 tooth drivers and a bit of clearance in the tunnel and it "fits" even without a D+R or T3 case. Haven't gotten clutching dialed yet but it was climbing like a beast even at 7300RPM.

Did you go with a 15 inch wide? I'm gonna upgrade mine to a 162" L x 15" W x 3" H - 3" Pitch - 1 Ply
Mountain Track from the 154. Do you have a opinion on that?

OhioMitch

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2013
Did you go with a 15 inch wide? I'm gonna upgrade mine to a 162" L x 15" W x 3" H - 3" Pitch - 1 Ply
Mountain Track from the 154. Do you have a opinion on that?

Yeah it doesn't come in a 16" the 16 to 15 swap isn't a huge jump. Sled was a 16x146 then 15x146 now 15x155. You'll like the 3" setup, drop a few grams of pin weight to keep your RPMs up.

Premium Features