• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's a Nypex worth these days?

D
Dec 4, 2010
up the rocks
nypex

M5 its interesting to read your comments. when I was running my nypex so many people had ideas how "I" should have built the sled differently. even though none of them ever built a nypex. everyone that has a nypex built it to there spec. I personally wouldn't change anything for your sled, if it works for you. thats how you want it. if someone wants to change it. show you the money. Thats what I told guys. "really I should do that well pay me and I will" haha

They are a different beast then a turbo nytro. I had a few friends jump on mine that had turbo nytros and they agreed it was different.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Agreed as to what others have said, guys who are into nypexs are into it for the build and making it to their specs,

I'm coulda sold the parts for my nypex and bought yours and put 20k in the bank, but I would rather spend 35 on mine over 12 for yours. Hard to explain but anyone who has built one knows the appreciation like DeanO mentioned whom I had the pleasure of meeting in revy with his beauty nypex.

From a selling point you might do well with parting, and it seems like the guys buying these machines like the flashy ones decked out with the fancier front mount turbos and lots brand name aftermarket parts. Also if a guy doesn't like your powder coat scheme they ain't gonna buy regardless of how much cheaper your price may be that they could go and re powder it.

Like most nypexs it's way to personal and the market is very small for them regardless of setup

T
Sep 8, 2008
Titanium Nytro

Guess after reading all these comments that I am going to have trouble selling my Diamond S titanium Nytro for what I thought it was still worth! Very informational, thanks!

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
I completely understand the Nypex thing having built one 3 years ago. NO 2 of these units will be near the same, from routing the wiring, cooling system, turbo system to chassis. Like any build pride gets in the way which takes the most time. I love this sled and I'm pretty sure it will remain in my fleet no matter what comes down the pipeline here. I don't feel like answering the same questions M5 is, why you do that, you should of done that instead. They are a personal build for sure. If they were easy there would be lots more running around I guess. Your Nypex is a piece of art M5. Good Luck

IMG_2989.jpg IMG_2988.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
I completely understand the Nypex thing having built one 3 years ago. NO 2 of these units will be near the same, from routing the wiring, cooling system, turbo system to chassis. Like any build pride gets in the way which takes the most time. I love this sled and I'm pretty sure it will remain in my fleet no matter what comes down the pipeline here. I don't feel like answering the same questions M5 is, why you do that, you should of done that instead. They are a personal build for sure. If they were easy there would be lots more running around I guess. Your Nypex is a piece of art M5. Good Luck

Thanks for the compliment. I could blow the sled out for 10 grand and it would probably sell the first day but I'm not that desperate. Guys seem to be having a new love/lust affair with the Viper , so be it, so like you I'm going to just keep my Nypex and the Nytro, I just can't see me dropping another $25K into another sled that won't weigh as whole lots less than this one. If I did anything I would build a tube chassis next and it would have an Apex engine as well.

M5

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
get creative in some trades. some of those options people are giving you might not be a bad option and easier to sell then the nypex. I've had 7 turbo'd yammi's now and pretty much everyone of them I have had to take 1-2 sleds and cash on trade. In the end the lower dollar sleds were easier to move then the high dollar yammi. I would love your sled if my nytro sold.

T
Mar 30, 2010
M5 great build! Amazing fit and finish! With that said the latest nypro went for around 15-16k. That's a $7,500 tube chassis from powerhouse and zebs impulsed apex race kit built motor and All the CR goodies as a donor! So I think the market and what people will pay is 2 different things. Your in the ball park but 16k it will sell fast! Titanium sleds are the hardest thing to sell in the custom market right now the nytros are bring 10k on a good day if u can find a buyer! Heck my turboed nytro is listed for $7500 and the best offer I've had is 5k so guess I will part it out for that price

Premium Features