• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 pro-x 800 temp. Light on

Sep 12, 2012
So I have a 03 pro-x 800 and the temp. Light came on today. I have been riding all day and I have had no problem. We stopped for 10min and when I started it back up the temp light was on and I am pretty sure it was in limp mode? The snow wasn't the best, but it's been doing fine the past few days. So just wondering what some problems could be. Thanks.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
temp light

Did it overheat or just the light come on?
If it overheated then check waterpump belt.
If not then the temp sensor may have failed. This will cause it to go into limp mode.

Sep 12, 2012
Did it overheat or just the light come on?
If it overheated then check waterpump belt.
If not then the temp sensor may have failed. This will cause it to go into limp mode.

I didn't overheat it, the light just came on. I let it sit for a few hours and the light was still on, and it was in limp mode. So I am thinking it's a bad temp sensor or a short somewhere.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Could be one of the wires are bad to the sensor too. I had a bad ground wire on one once. Fixed the wire and good as new

S
Nov 28, 2007
Pence, WI
Could be one of the wires are bad to the sensor too. I had a bad ground wire on one once. Fixed the wire and good as new

I had the same sled and the same proble,

The wires from the temp sensors were wire tied to the hose going from the thermostat housing on the sensor side. When the hose heated up it softened the connecter and disconnected. Took a while to find it because wire was on the underside of hose. After putting it back together I put wire ty on connecter so it couldn't come apart.

If that's not the problem then I'd guess the sensor is bad.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
It's one of the wires going into your sensor. I mistakenly figured mine out by when I laid my hand on the motor and had my other hand on a wire on the sensor. It grounded out through me and started running good

Premium Features