• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power valves won't close

Sep 12, 2012
I just put new gaskets in, and I got a lot of my power back. It stills doesn't idle very well, and it sounds off. The left carb is "spitting" out gas. Not a ton, but it doesn't seem normal.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I put each I the valves in the opposite cylinder, and the good one leaked, and the valve that I thought was bad didn't
Basically with your statement here your say that something on that one side of the motor is wrong Unless i'm miss reading

the low end is horrible, but the high end is good
Now this is completely backwards of what a power valve would do

I just put new gaskets in, and I got a lot of my power back.
I say NO WAY Just putting a new gasket under the power valve will give you alot of power back no way. You sir should obviously not be trying to work on a sled as it seems you have no clue as to what your doing THE ONLY WAY THAT EXHAUST IS BLOWING OUT OF THAT HOLE AT IDLE IS A BAD BELLOWS OR BROKEN PART IN THERE. there is nothing else to it. Really it is so straight forward that a cave man could figure it out.TAKE IT TO THE SHOP (SORRY)

Sep 12, 2012
I put each I the valves in the opposite cylinder, and the good one leaked, and the valve that I thought was bad didn't
Basically with your statement here your say that something on that one side of the motor is wrong Unless i'm miss reading

the low end is horrible, but the high end is good
Now this is completely backwards of what a power valve would do

I just put new gaskets in, and I got a lot of my power back.
I say NO WAY Just putting a new gasket under the power valve will give you alot of power back no way. You sir should obviously not be trying to work on a sled as it seems you have no clue as to what your doing THE ONLY WAY THAT EXHAUST IS BLOWING OUT OF THAT HOLE AT IDLE IS A BAD BELLOWS OR BROKEN PART IN THERE. there is nothing else to it. Really it is so straight forward that a cave man could figure it out.TAKE IT TO THE SHOP (SORRY)

I also never thought the gaskets would help, but some way it did! It is 90% better with them though. The bellows are off the shelf new. I have done so much on the sled, I know it pretty well. I have been working on sleds all my life, and I have never brought one of my sleds into the shop. I don't need to either. Thanks you for your opinion though.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
So by replacing the gasket for the ves your sled is not leaking exhaust out of the bellows cap hole any more?

Premium Features