• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Nytro inexpensive rear suspension mods.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
I ride a 08 Nytro with MPI stage 2 supercharger after a lot of clutching and other adjustments it runs great. The next project is the rear suspension I would like to step up to a 162 and improve the ride. I tightened the springs up to the highest settings and it still bottoms out every time I hit the throttle. If money wasn't an issue I would be debating which rear suspension to go with like a few others on this forum, but since money is an issue I am looking for more reasonable modifications I can do to improve the handling for less. If any one has any suggestions I would appreciate them. Thanx for any help you can offer.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
You can throw in springs from a stock Apex skid or order stiffer springs from the dealer that will make a considerable difference with bottoming. That was one thing I hated about the stock skid...anything bigger than a 4 inch bump and it would bottom.

A better option is to find a used A/C or newer yami skid to drop in it if you can spare the cash.

Here is a cheap fix that works for me. I saw the plastic spacers that HY GEAR made for the spring coils. I went to my local NAPA and found pieces of straight radiator hose that slipped over the arm and then the larger over the first to fill most of the gap. Works very well. I tried the Apex spring and it was way too stiff for me, even on soft. Costs all of $10 bucks.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
I have a buddy that put a 162 A/C skid in his non turbo or supercharged 08, I rode it and the front end never came up at all of which I did not like. Do any of you know anyone who has that set up on a turbo or supercharged Nytro? I would assume the extra power would remedy this issue, but would like to know before I do it. I want my nose down more but not completely.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Rear sag

I am also looking for a solution. Had it in the garage this weekend and the sag was almost a foot sitting there. Are my springs just sacked out, anybody have some Apex springs that would sell for cheap?

mckinney

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
I have a gas rear shock from a venture MP, 162 apex rails with hiperfax hifax and apex torsion springs that would solve your problem. All this was on my 08 skid until I put in the Kmod skid. PM me if any of those parts interest you.

Premium Features