• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mini's 'Mini Cougar' Just Got the Timbersled Barkbuster Front-end!!! (pics!)

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
WHOOOHOOOOO! Just Went TO WHOOOOOHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!Thankyou Timbersled! I have been running the Timbersled MountainTamer for two season now, & absolutely love it in every application & condition! Today, we installed Timbersled's Barkebuster Front-end on my M1000. We just recieved a ton of new snow!!

About three years ago I had a Barkbuster Front-end on my 600RMK Escape chassis. It made it considerably better in the aspects of tighter steering, handling smoother while initiating into a sidehill carve, & the all around ease of manuvoribility of tree riding (I believe it was one of the main reasons that helped ease my learning curve of technical riding). I am so excited to try the new style on My M1000!! I will keep you all posted after tomorrows first ride! For now, here are some pics!

OH! DID I SAY!!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

Turning Radius, comparison
MiniCougarwBarkBusterfrontend002.jpg

View From Rear...Mountain Tamer & Bark Buster
MiniCougarwBarkBusterfrontend004.jpg

Front View...Bark Buster Front End
MiniCougarwBarkBusterfrontend007.jpg

R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
Mini the geomerty looks awesome,keep Rocking it Dog style. Cheers Red Dog.:D

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! That looks sweet.

B
Dec 21, 2006
Do you know what the dry weight of your sled is? Or the total wet weight? I think it carries 85lbs fuel and oil. Sled looks sweet.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Looks sweet , is the ski stance wider? Any weight loss besides the Floats? I was thinking about the Z Bros front end , but the Bark Buster looks nice. I tend to bash a little bark now and then .:D

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
First Ride

Big Red: I have not weighed it yet. I will try to get ahold of Alan's scales & do so. We figuer my wieght loss at this point is around 45-48 lbs. That includes the Black Diamond X-treme, Diamond Drive Pro Lite Series.

Dano702: My ski stance is still at 39.5. The Bark Buster front end saves 10lbs, & turns 13 degrees sharper (that is 20% sharper than stock!).They are made from 4130 chrome moly steel. So they are very strong.

To give you an idea what prices are:
Arctic cat M-series front end is $1549.95. (comes w/ float shocks)
Polaris IQ RMK $849.95
Ski-Doo Summit Rev $849.95
Yamaha MTN RX-1, Apex,Vector $849.95
Yamaha FX Nitro & Phazer $849.95

http://timbersled.com/Barkbusters.htm

My first ride was like being on a completely different sled! It took a bit of dialing finding the right air pressure for me (150lb rider).

Trail:
On a rough wooped out trail of 30 miles I found 120lbs was the sweet spot ! My husband & I switched off sleds. I rode the 08 M8 Sno Pro that is stock for a bit to compair the difference. WOW!!!! Between the Mountain Tamer & the Bark Buster front end made for a PLUSH RIDE!!!! the '08 Stock Suspensions are good, but this is a considerably noticable upgrade! ( I felt a bit guilty him having to ride the M8 on the trail after that)

Off Trail Slow Boondocking in 6 in of fresh powder from wet to dry conditions, to sun baked set up hillside:
Again, once I found air pressure right for me, around 115lbs. I found that it took a bit of a learning curve! The front is SO RESPONSIVE I was over steering it (tipping it over on side hills, & washing out up hill)! I found that I needed about a 1/3 of the body lanquage & strength input from the stock front-end. I found that quiet, gentle input gained faster, more precise control (LOL....being not as strong as most, I found this funny that I was using TO MUCH strength & over manuvoring the sled w/ the Bark Buster Front-end installed!) By the second half of the day, I had pretty much fiquered out & finessed the Bark Buster, & to how use it to it's full potential of design. I have found that I actually SAVE energy & strength while sidehilling, steering through tight trees, a counter-tipping the sled on it's side to turn & carve up hill. Not to mention it has turned the M1000 into a TOTAL BLAST to ride. It FEELS like I am on a M8, but w/ the power band of the M1000!

Steep Inclines & Off Camber:
While slow riding in a steep incline, or in an off camber situation, the Bark Buster provides a considerable amount of stabilty & manuvoribility over the stock.

OVER ALL!!!
I wish I had been riding the full package since last year! When some one tells you, the Bark Buster Front-end is a high performing front end. What they mean is it is far above any stock & well worth the money! I found in one ride my OWN technical skill & confidence improving at a considerable rate in one ride! You just think what you want to do & the sled does it for you! It's incredable!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
CANNOT wait for my full TImberlsed suspension (tamer and buster) to arrive this week for my nytro!!!

congrats Mini!!!!

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Wow, thats one sweet looking M1000!! I love the all orange skis and rear suspension, looks sick!

Premium Features