• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with tuning an 03 Vert. Escape...

S
Dec 12, 2007
I brought my sled to a new guy to get the crank and tough boy barrings done and a some porting done. Now it seems to run hot and there is no low end. It will stall out after you get on the gas and let off, then I need to choke it and pull up to 7 or so times to get it fired back up. This is my only sled and I need my fix soon or I might snap. It has been before X-mas since I have been on the snow. Please any help would be great.

Snobalz

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Sounds like it's not getting fuel for some reason. Kinked tank breather? Bad fuel pump? Impulse line leaking? Have you checked the compression?

M
Dec 7, 2007
Det

you might need to send off you're CDI box to get the DET and TPS sensor taken out with th mods the CDI keeps retarding you're timing. get in touch with Brad, He goes by 1200 PSI on here.

R
Dec 4, 2007
Maple Valley
i had the same setup last year. Ended up running 450 main jets to keep motor cool and still ran strong. Left the pilot jets alone and dropped needle to compensate for all the fuel when needles opened jet. Black/green primary with silver/blue secondary with an R-8 helix.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
What is your current carb setup? What elevation you ride at? Single or twin pipes? Did you reinstall the motor or did the shop do it for ya? Did you check or set your TPS on your carb? Did you pull plugs and check them plus look at the pistons to see if you have the correct wash? Guess what I'm trying to say is we need more information in order to help you out. Several things could cause the problem you are having and we need to know what you already have checked. One more thing did you check to see if your crank seals are leaking. That would be a BAD thing. An easy way to check that is to take a can of carb cleaner and spray just a bit down at the crank seal. If the idle picks up then you have a bad seal.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
you might need to send off you're CDI box to get the DET and TPS sensor taken out with th mods the CDI keeps retarding you're timing. get in touch with Brad, He goes by 1200 PSI on here.

Nope. I ran mine with Struthers porting and twin pipes with stock CDI. It doesnt retard the timing without flashing the light.
Good post by Desperado, I agree. Who did the porting???

S
Dec 12, 2007
Thanks for all the input. I'm running SlP single pipe,can,boost bottle SlP clutch set up for elevation 6000 - 10000 ft also have v-Force reeds. Boss seat flow rights. CMX throttle and dual throttle set up.

Just talked to the guy working on it and he thinks it is the fuel pump + a fuel line was collapsing. I will find out if this worked later today. I really hope it does the job.

Thanks

S
Dec 12, 2007
Got it fixed after 3 months. It was the pulse line to the fuel pump. Runs great so far.
Thanks for all the info.

Snobalz

Premium Features