• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 and '13 Update

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
attachment.php

Well tomorrow is July 1st so according to Cat, they will be coming out with some new updates. What is everyone's guess on a potential fix? I've heard a few rumors and I was just wondering what others think/have heard. I'm a satisfied '12 Proclimb owner as I have a "non belt blower" but I'm hoping they come up with something cause my clutches run hotter then I think is acceptable. What's your thoughts?

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
im going to guess new bushing in secondary (one that withstands heat) and new gearing and maybe the vent on the front.
Thats probably dreaming even then haha

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
The 14s are already shipping there is no excuse why the 12 and 13 owners that have dealt with a pos shouldn't have an answer by now... Unless there isn't a answer and they're shipping out the same crap.

S
I have a 12 proclimb with 1200 miles and have went through 10 belts it has all the updates on it and still is a problem, I'm thinking of going with different clutches this next year and if that doesn't work it may be time for another sled.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I expect new clutches, or there really isn't any reason to buy another cat. If not, I'll fix this one and get a different brand. The cost of belts will make the payment on another sled anyway.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
in extreme cases i dont see why they wouldnt replace with the new clutches, i think they should. my sled has been good, i added the torque arm and it made a big difference but i do think new clutches or getting these ones machined would be helpfull.

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
I spoke to my dealer today and they still haven't gotten any new info on the update from Arctic Cat.

I've bought 5 new Cats in the past 6 years, but 4 belts in less than 800 miles was a little much this year. If Cat doesn't step up I'll be joining my riding buddies on a Skidoo. <O:p</O:p

J
Feb 12, 2011
Alaska
Talked to dealer today, they knew nothing at all about this. Told me " you can read all sorts of stuff on the Internet". Told them I guess we"ll see what happens.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Talked to dealer today, they knew nothing at all about this. Told me " you can read all sorts of stuff on the Internet". Told them I guess we"ll see what happens.

Who's your dealer? Homer arctic cat told me they got that dealer letter when it came out. They are just waiting on cat now

J
Feb 12, 2011
Alaska
Who's your dealer? Homer arctic cat told me they got that dealer letter when it came out. They are just waiting on cat now

I usually go to ASAC but there hours suck not being open on the weekend. I was talking to the guys at ERPAC cause I just got a ranger and was getting some accessories. Like I said they had no knowledge of any up dates coming out or any letter.

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
I hope Cat wasn't just blowing smoke in order to appease 2012-2013 owners while they were snow checking 2014's.

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
I hope Cat wasn't just blowing smoke in order to appease 2012-2013 owners while they were snow checking 2014's.

I personally believe they are. Nobody likes to admit a terrible product under their name.

But, there is no reason a consumer should even THINK about spending $500 minimum on clutching to get the sled back into a state where it is dependable. I had to get towed out twice due to the ****ty quality of the secondary. Not just a little tow either, the all day this sucks kind of tow.

Sorry for the rant, I basically gave up on waiting on cat. I am ordering a Team TIED and MDS weights from Eric at RacinStation.

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
I've been holding off to see if Cat was actually going to step up, but I guess that was just wishfull thinking. I'll be sending my my clutching to MTNVALLEYSPORTS. His setup seems to be getting the best results.

It's been a good run Cat, I hate to see it end this way.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I personally wouldn't start getting impatient yet. That letter was released in feb or march? I wouldn't be surprised that they are running a little behind an"projected date" and I would say that since its July, IF I HAD WAITED THIS LONG, and had been hoping for a fix from cat, I personally would wait another month or two or four before I spent coin fixing clutching. Just MHO. But I have a '14 coming with supersonic unobtanium heat coating on my clutches so maybe I'm biased.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I've been holding off to see if Cat was actually going to step up, but I guess that was just wishfull thinking. I'll be sending my my clutching to MTNVALLEYSPORTS. His setup seems to be getting the best results.

It's been a good run Cat, I hate to see it end this way.

You will be happy. Best thing I did to my sled, other than the turbo.:face-icon-small-coo

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
I personally wouldn't start getting impatient yet. That letter was released in feb or march? I wouldn't be surprised that they are running a little behind an"projected date" and I would say that since its July, IF I HAD WAITED THIS LONG, and had been hoping for a fix from cat, I personally would wait another month or two or four before I spent coin fixing clutching. Just MHO. But I have a '14 coming with supersonic unobtanium heat coating on my clutches so maybe I'm biased.

You’re probably right. I just can't stomach the idea of going through another season like the last one. Constantly purchasing belts was pricey, but always having to baby the sled is what really sucked. I guess I just don't see Cat doing anything more than offering some venting and lower gears and I've already tried those options.

Premium Features