• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 demo ride, finally

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Rasmussen's blog says he should have a modified steering post made up to increase swing by Dec 1. He had earlier said he couldn't just move the bolt holes for the link joining the handlebar post to the main steering post because of interference. Sure would like to see how others have solved this, if in fact they have.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Dealer called and had found a loose screw/bolt in the secondary, not very loose but is hoping that was the cause of the blown belt. He is in the process of taking apart the secondaries and re locktite'ing all of the screws in the secondary's to eliminate it on all new '12's. Going to run it tomorrow and find out.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
must have been tired.

I was trying to say is the twisted turbo is huge and it just barely fits holly tight. Then not being that familiar with the new chassis it seam I had to put everything together and apart 15 times to get it to fit just right. I only got to ride it on the roads by my house so not a lot if time on it.
I am sure he told me it was a 2878 anyway seems to run good. Looking forward to spending more seat time.

MM, I'm not sure what you just stated, did you post from your phone again. Please re state or make sense of that. and the 2878 or 2876

Geo already changed his steering.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I rode a few mid season last year with 15 # of boost all I can say is they rip and will beat an M sled at the same boost! If you want an proclimb m1000 talk to me.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I rode a few mid season last year with 15 # of boost all I can say is they rip and will beat an M sled at the same boost! If you want an proclimb m1000 talk to me.

That will come down to the ??? if the twisted M800 will pull like a TM1000 up to 10lbs like they say it will.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Just my 2 cents, but after riding mine a week ago in great powder I am super happy with mine.

I also rode them twice last year and will say the 38" front end will make a nice difference. I will be putting the 38 front end on mine as soon as possible.

I felt like it got up on the snow better then my 11 and the motor/clutching certainly seems much better. Not sure if its the 21/49 gearing, larger secondary, lack of diamond drive, or better mapping, but it just feels stronger.

One thing you will really notice with the Proclimb over the M is it whips around way easier IMO. As in, if your going downhill and want to lay it over and come back up, this is much easier and faster on the Proclimb.

As far as the spindles are concerened, I love them. I run the Powder Pros and really like them. On the 08 and up Ms, they turn so hard it is ridiculous. I absolutely hated the M steering effort. I ran the 05-07 spindles on my 11 and it was way better. The ProClimb steers way easier then the older spindles even. I must of done about 400 pow turns on first ride and my arms and shoulders were not sore. My arms and shoulders were always sore on my Ms. Every ride. I will take the easier steering and less angle all day long!!!

nov20th007.jpg

nov20th005.jpg

nov20th012.jpg

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I meant m8 compared to proclimb 800. I also herd the twisted m8 will climb like a turbo m1200 LMFAO. A proclimb m8 at 15psi might keep up with a m1000 running 10 psi just saying. I will be testing mine against a few m1000 turbos ill be sure to let you know how it goes. Ill be running my 8 at 15-20psi.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Has anyone taken note of your track speed while climbing in fresh. Mine only pulls 30 mph which to me seems quite low. This is on a 153 track.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I had to have the primary replace after the first day b/c the face plate was not machined properly so I was hopping that it was causing the low track speed. But with the new primary it still only held 29-31 on a climb and at the peak just before turn out it was down to 28 or so. I checked this quite a few times and I never saw over 30 when it was in fresh snow.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
What kind of RPM's are you running mine ran about 38MPH in deep stuff 45 in normal snow. Also check your pipe for cracks. I forgot to tell everyone I went to pull my cover off for turboing and one ride all stock and 4 holes around the welds under the cover talk about power loss!

Premium Features